Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Hotel Wireless Network issue

• 21-01-2007 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭

Folks I'm in San Diego at the moment staying in what I thought was a pretty nice hotel, well from their website anyway it looks like a prison from the outside. But this is the least of my worries.

We have two Laptops as were both working / holidaying here at the moment, the Internet access is $11 per day. Now I feel that I shouldn't have to pay $22 a day for both laptops. Most hotels have Ethernet access and you can just plug and play after you pay for access and it doesn't discriminate between laptops.

Do any of you know how I can share the access between the laptops http://www.solutioninc.com/ offer the Internet access.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭degsie

Use ICS. Guide here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

SolInc use MAC for thier connection & billing tracking, so you'll have to do something very clever with faked MACs, or use ICS as degsie suggested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭humaxf1

hmmmmm...1 lil problem here. You need 2 network cards in the host machine to do ICS.

To the OP, is there a computer shop near you? If I were in your shoes, i'd buy a cheap 'BRODBAND', not ADSL, router. Linksys do a travel router and should be cheap enough in America. Also, buy enough network cables to connect from the wall into the router and also the 2 laptops into the LAN ports on the router etc.

http://www.jiwire.com/linksys-wtr54gs-photo-image-gallery.htm on looking at this router, it only has 1 LAN port, so you would need a 4 or 5 port switch also.

Another option is, do any of your laptops have wireless cards? If one of them does...you can do ICS on it and buy a wireless card for the other. The ICS PC will act as an Access Point with the wired and wireless being bridged together.

Advertisement