Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O' Sullivan v Ding in u.k. Masters Final

• 21-01-2007 5:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭

This has just kicked off score now is 2 frames all.
    Ronnie is playing well but so is Ding its hard to call who will win as they are both playing well. Ronnie has made a few mistakes, Ding made one mistake and Ronnie punished him by winning the frame that leveled it.
    We are in for a classic I hope Ronnie wins, he needs it as it may renew his love for the game.

So what are your predictions and reasons? Its best of 19 frames. I predict 10-7 to Ding. Because he seems to be a better potter and his level of concentration seems better than Ronnie's.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Mmm, glued to it here... the standard is absolutely top notch, Ronnie has really raised his game :)
    I can't see Ding getting flustered and losing his robot-like focus, and Ronnie looks so determined and interested in the game that I don't think either player is going to fall far behind.

I predict Ronnie wins by two frames, I've seen that crazy look in his eyes before. :D

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

What time is the second session starting at?

Back at 8pm BBC2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Really want Ronnie to win. Snooker has few enough characters these days but if Ding takes over, it could become deathly boring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭paul666

i havent seen Ronnie playing this well in years.

but whats amasing is Ding has given up, his last 2 shots he took, no time and thought was taken in playing his shot oh my God ding has given up just as i type this wow

• Advertisement

Wow, I wasn't expecting that. :eek:
    Hope he comes back out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

zuutroy wrote:
    Really want Ronnie to win. Snooker has few enough characters these days but if Ding takes over, it could become deathly boring.

I would have liked Ding to win just for the variety BUT i think he's totally wooden and we could be heading back to the boring 80's with a Steve Davis type (I hated him then but changed opinion in recent years, quite considerably) and I don't think that would be good for the game here. Mind you I'm sure it would increase the popularity quite considerably in China.

Anyway, I'm sorry he's getting such a drubbing from Ronnie but you have to hand it to ROS, he really is a master and a pleasure to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭paul666

i wonder what odds would the bookies give u for a walkout by diing id say something like 1000-1 and ronnie would be about 8-1.

yeah i hope he comes back too, if he doesnt does ronnie lift the trophey without ding and will ding come back to take the runner up prize

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

What a highly charged ending. All credit to O Sullivan for the support he showed toward Ding. Hard day for Ding but he's young.

Never saw the likes of that. Disgraceful crowd. Fair play to O'Sullivan, showed a lot of maturity there. I think the Crucible has the perfect capacity at 950. Obviously the extra 3000 tickets for tonights match went to rowdy idiots. Felt sorry for Ding, but he'll have his day.

• Advertisement

Mmm, still, 35 grand for his maximum... some consolation at least.
    I reckon a lot of loud-mouth people should have been kicked out of the arena a lot sooner... like that last guy they only kicked out at the end... I wonder what was being said. :/
    They should have zero tolerance for heckling and anyone making noise during someones shot should be taken out and beaten with a snooker ball in a sock.
    I don't mind the odd "g'wan Ronnie", but tonight some people were really taking the piss with it IMO.

I reckon a lot of loud-mouth people should have been kicked out of the arena a lot sooner... like that last guy they only kicked out at the end... I wonder what was being said. :/
    They should have zero tolerance for heckling and anyone making noise during someones shot should be taken out and beaten with a snooker ball in a sock.
    I don't mind the odd "g'wan Ronnie", but tonight some people were really taking the piss with it IMO.
    Yep. Jan Verhaas should've stopped proceedings for a few seconds and issued a proper appeal to the crowd to cop on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Disgraceful carry on by the crowd and whoever had the big mouth. no respect whatsoever. he is only a young lad and with the way he has played he deserves their respect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭texanman

I have to say i felt sorry for Ding.It not sport when he was nearly reduced to tears.Felt really sorry for him.Smaller crowd would have been better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

zuutroy wrote:
    Never saw the likes of that. Disgraceful crowd.
    Did you see the last Irish masters final between O'Sullivan and Stevens? Much worse than tonight.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=224675&page=3

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

I agree, it was upsetting to see such disrespect.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭legologic

Too true! Fair play to ronnie for showing such good sportsmanship. I hope Ding is not too scarred by this experience as he is a fantastic talent.

I was really looking forward to this match up all tournament. It's a shame the way it ended. Still fantastic world class snooker!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭PIMPHO

Something racist and discriminatory was said to him that's why he was so pissed off and why he couldn't concentrate. When Ronnie was clearing up to win the match that w@nker that ended up getting ejected shouted something like " Ronnie you beat that Chinaman". There was something said to him before this as well that clearly annoyed him and broke his concentration!

I was really pissed off when I was watching this and had a lot of sympathy for Ding. The poor lad, even Willie Thorn was pleading with the audience through their ear pieces " to give this lad a chance". Outraged that the World Snooker Association are dismissing these claims and will not be investigating any further on this matter!

Hope Ding learns from this match and becomes a stronger player and I have no doubt that he will become the youngest ever World Champion. He has 3 years to prove me right!

:)

PIMPHO wrote:
    He has 3 years to prove me right!

:)

He has only this and next year. By the 2009 WC he'll be 22. Hendry was 21 and 3 months.

Advertisement