Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pressurised cylinders & pumps

Options
  • 21-01-2007 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

I am installing a pressurised hot water system for a new build with dual coils (boiler/solar).

Has anyone used www.patlee.ie cylinders (300l dual coil) or similar spec sold by heatmerchants and aquatech?

For the pressurisation pump, what is the quietest type? I see there are submersible models (www.rvr.ie - other suppliers?) which are mounted in the water tank itself, are these quieter in operation?

In terms of sizing is 300l too big for the domestic hot water requirements of a 3 bedroom house? I would be looking a putting approx 4m2 of solar panels on the roof.

The panels will be added, but I'm installing pipe to support them, is half-inch qualpex sufficient?

Regards,
    Vertical

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Viking House

They say about 50L for a shower and they say you need enough storage for 3 days with solar panels. The water in the tank is usually heated to 50 degrees and you need about 35 degree water for showering so one shower should use about 35L of hot water thats 15 showers for a 300L tankfull of 50 degree water when you get 1 day of sun in 3. So no baths in the winter! Please correct me if I am wrong.
    How much was the cylinder?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭AJL

Vertical

I would get expert advice on the piping. I have the pipes installed and they are steel coiled wrapped in a foam. The water can get up to 140 degrees in the height of the summer which will warp your qualplex. Pipe I got is 40 euros a linear metre through the solar panel company.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭davidoco

Vertical wrote:

The panels will be added, but I'm installing pipe to support them, is half-inch qualpex sufficient?

You cannot use qualpex or any plastic piping with solar. It must be copper or the steel insulated coil.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Vertical

Thanks,

The prices I have for 300L dual coil stainless steel cylinders are below, if anyone has better prices please let me know.

HeatMerchants.ie have 2 choices:
    ALBION €1129 +VAT
    DJG €1274 +VAT

Aquatech.ie
    €1250 +VAT

Patlee.ie
    €1300 + VAT

Any information on using a submersible pump, is it quieter?

Advertisement