Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bill factoring in Ireland?

Options
  • 21-01-2007 5:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I am an IT freelance.
    I am working with an accountancy company which is providing me a managed Ltd where I am one of the directors.

I have just got a new contract and the agency where I get the new contract will pay at 30 days. Usually I am paid one week after I sent my timesheets/bill.

The thing is it could be ok but in this new contract I have to travel all over Ireland, advance hotel fees, transportation etc...
    So being paid 30 days later might be difficult.

So this is the reason I am looking for a Factor company that could pay my bills right away and then deal with the agency to get themselve paid, in exchange of a reasonable fee that would be deducted from my payment.

Do you know any good factor company in Ireland ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

I had the same issue in the UK just over a year ago, where my expense bill between flights, hotels and my driver came to just over €1,500 per month.

In the end I just got the bank to up my limit on my credit card to over 10k and juggled money about a bit. If your credit rating is not poor they'll do it, even temporarily, if you ask and you're approaching your limit. I ended up paying a little bit of interest, but comparatively little.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

Yeah that's a possibility did not tought about this. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭misterq

Invoice discounting, that is loans based on invoices you have sent out, is really only available to large companies with a decent turnover and on an ongoing basis.

It won't be worth your while going down that route. I worked for a bank in this business area many moons ago.

If you have a chat with your contact in your bank, they will probably be able to arrange an overdraft facility for you or up your limit as Corinthian said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

the best bet is to look for an increased OD and limit in CC as advised above.

is the 30 days a monthly thing or 30 days after you send in the bill?

anyway if u put everything on the CC, then u have c 28 days to pay from date of cc bill, u can request a change in the billing date so if u bill say 6 days before the date u receive ur CC bill u should be in funds before the cc is due.
    if u have online banking u should be able to see the cc details online for your invoice prep

Advertisement