Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xmas cracker software

Options
  • 21-01-2007 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭

hi,
    I just thought I might post this in case its of any use to anyone.
    For 2 years I had no problems with my broadband connection but over the last few weeks it was constantly disconnecting.
    I thought Eircom might be to blame but since then I've turned off two software freebies and have had no problems.
    I downloaded both around Christmas, the new AVG free anti virus software and google photo file software Picasa. Not being a techie I'm not sure which one was acting the maggot but its stopped the disconnecting.
    just a thought...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

I have avg free anti-virus and have no connection problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Try Avast Antivirus personel edition. Good free AV too. YOu should have an AV and your firewall enabled if it isn't.

If you don't have firewall enabled then you need to run anti-spyware software on your system.

I'm not sure what Picasa does so I don't know if it was the problem but I used to use AVG and never had any problems with it. My brother installed Picasa once and I uninstalled it.

Advertisement