Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why

Options
  • 21-01-2007 7:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭

Thanx 4 The Fish has banned me from the soccer forum. He also notified me by PM. Obviously, adding an explanation as to why Ive been banned would have taken too much effort and been the mannerly thing to do.

Could I have an explanation please?

The banning process here is one of the worst Ive seen on the net.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

You read the charter so you knew what was and wasn't allowed on the soccer forum. Then you used the term "dutch prick". And you don't know why you were banned?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

He's Dutch isnt he?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

O_o

yes because its totally acceptable to call people "dutch pricks"... </sarcasm>

honestly, if you dont know why you were banned... *sigh*

also, your sig is too big.

Fine remove my sig if you want. But youre telling me youve never criticised any celebrity or famous person on these forums? The fact that I said 'Dutch' is completely irrelevant. Had one of your fellow 'moderators' (and I used thaterm loosely) said the same thing, it would have gone un-noticed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Archimedes wrote:
    Thanx 4 The Fish has banned me from the soccer forum. He also notified me by PM. Obviously, adding an explanation as to why Ive been banned would have taken too much effort and been the mannerly thing to do.

Could I have an explanation please?

Obviously. You're my hero. Can I be you...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Heh, record timing in getting to Feedback!

You were banned because you broke the rules by calling someone a "prick". That's quite simply it. Now accept your ban with good grace and don't cause an unnecessary scene.

Archimedes wrote:
    The fact that I said 'Dutch' is completely irrelevant.

Yea, it is.

Prick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Archimedes wrote:
    Fine remove my sig if you want. But youre telling me youve never criticised any celebrity or famous person on these forums? The fact that I said 'Dutch' is completely irrelevant. Had one of your fellow 'moderators' (and I used thaterm loosely) said the same thing, it would have gone un-noticed.

Did you not read and then agree to the soccer charter? Or did you not and just say you did?

Yes I did read it. I read it several times. I printed out copies and stuck it on the walls in my bedroom, in my kitchen, in my toilet - I even got t-shirts printed out with the soccer charter on it, and a big 'I Agree To What It says on the Front' printed on my back. I tried to compose poetry about the soccer charter, but darn it, im just not that good a poet. I must read through it again.

• Advertisement

Archimedes wrote:
    Prick

Is he looking for a site ban or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I'm sorry, but calling someone Dutch is really ****ing low. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Archimedes wrote:
    Prick

I can't argue with that.

muppet.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

You claimed to have read the charter and agreed to abide by the charter rules. You then breached the charter rules. You therefore nullified the conditions which allowed you into Soccer and got banned.

I don't believe that your behaviour here so far will incline T4TF to unban you, or indeed, me to accept another access request.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Archimedes wrote:

I bow to your extensive experience of being banned all over the internet.

Three men tell you you're sick, time to see a doctor...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Archimedes wrote:
    Prick
    A bit of common politeness wouldn't go astray, particularly from someone criticising the manners of someone else. Please interpret the last sentence as a strong request.

Assuming your ban from soccer isn't permanent, I'd pay heed to the charter when you're allowed to post again as merely reading it appears not to have been sufficient.

I don't know sceptre, that comment cut me deeply. I demand vengeance, or at least modestly priced refreshments.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Christ, what is it with alll the whingy cnuts lately? Feedback will be getting more posts the AH soon.

Actually Psi, a nasty thread about you on here is long over due ... can I have access to the Soccer Forum? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If he had said that to any other poster on this site, he would have been banned ;)

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

He has been. 2 week ban or until he grows up and learns some basic manners. Parents have a lot to answer for these days.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Jesus, when I ban and don't send a pm on guy get's on his high horse. When I ban and do send a pm (You are banned for breach of the charter) etc etc a different guy joins on his high horse. Maybe I should let you do the banning from now on psi, you seem so much better at it..

Anyway I will entertain a request to rejoin the soccer forum when your access situation improves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

6th wrote:
    Actually Psi, a nasty thread about you on here is long over due ... can I have access to the Soccer Forum? ;)

There have been many threads on feedback about me. Thankfully I'm enough of a non-entity to not get as many these days.

You may apply through the normal channels if you want soccer forum access.
    Jesus, when I ban and don't send a pm on guy get's on his high horse. When I ban and do send a pm (You are banned for breach of the charter) etc etc a different guy joins on his high horse. Maybe I should let you do the banning from now on psi, you seem so much better at it..

Don't sweat it - I sometimes think muppets are seasonal - much like asparagus.

As for banning, nah - I just find an indifferent, matter-o-fact approach to idiot threads like this to be satisfying.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Why is the world still not flat?

Why does a monday always feel depressing?

Why do you close your eyes when you sneeze?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

It never was.

Its the start of the working week.

Its an involuntary muscular reaction to protect the eyes.

Anything else?

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Spanky-s wrote:
    Why is the world still not flat?

The world is, infact, a mobius strip.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

DeVore wrote:
    It never was.

Its the start of the working week.

Its an involuntary muscular reaction to protect the eyes.

Anything else?

DeV.
    Next weeks lottery numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Spanky-s wrote:

Why does a monday always feel depressing?

it took me ages to understand what that meant i kept reading why is a monkey always depressing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

User45701 wrote:
    it took me ages to understand what that meant i kept reading why is a monkey always depressing

you must have been listening to that tile add too long !!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Boston wrote:
    I don't know sceptre, that comment cut me deeply. I demand vengeance, or at least modestly priced refreshments.
    I must have been in quite a good mood yesterday evening when a ban didn't go in for the remark. Given that DeV has rectified the situation I guess I owe you some modestly priced refreshments.

Advertisement