Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone part of any veggie/vegan groups or societies?

• 21-01-2007 7:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭

i was just wondering what people were part of, if they were part of any groups?

i was a member of the irish vegetarian society for a year (ended a few months ago) and i have to admit i wasn't impressed (€15 in i think; you get 4 newsletters and a card). i had the feeling that the people who run it are reasonably old, and it just lacks appeal. and the newsletter is pretty dire. the only good things would be the thought you were backing support for vegetarianism in ireland, plus the 10% discount in cafe fresh isn't half bad. anyone else had any experience with them? i admit the vegetarian day they held two years ago was pretty interesting, and delicious food too :) honestly, i find reading this forum much more benificial than getting that newsletter!!

i was also wondering if there have been any veggie societies in any colleges (the greens soc is the closest type in ucd, but i've never actually gone to any meetings so i don't know if they're hot on vegetarianism)?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 viggi-tea

I think they might have a veggie day every year... but I'm never sure when it is. I'm a member of the Vegan Society, mostly cos I wanted more stuff to be marked as vegan... The Vegan Society seeems ancient. Not in any way fun or youthful unfortunately. Quite outmoded. In DIT they have the Green Party (who actually have a view on and care about animal welfare) Society too, but unfortunately no veggie soc. I feel your pain :( !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

just to note that the irish vegetarian society couldn't hold a vegetarian day fair in 2006 "due to problems with insurance coverage" :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

There is an animal rights society in NUIG. Pretty much all vegetarians and vegans.

Advertisement