Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

girls that sing.

• 21-01-2007 8:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

I want a girl singer to start a project/band with
    i play guitar and i want someone to write and play songs with.
    i want to sound moderately original
    but i enjoy the noises of: tom petty, neil young (he sings like a girl, so it's ok), the breeders, the pixies, the white stripes, the original carter family and june carter/johnny cash, the decemberists, neutral milk hotel, innumerable delta/chicago blues artists, lotsa country music, dolly parton etc
    i kinda like a band called the vitamins too, they have a girl singer and a really lofi vibe
    love REM, beatles, kinks, classic rock, but that's not what i want to sound like. just think raw folk and blues tinged rock
    i don't really want a bass player, but if you play a bit of guitar and can take over rhythm or lead parts for ****s and giggles then that would be awesome

i love kim deal's voice, and my guitar style probably takes after jack white/dan auerbach
    and i'd like to add some simplistic drums to the mixture in the future
    i'm 20, male.
    p.s. you don't have to be goodlooking

if that sounds like you or you know someone who might want to do this then put them in touch with me

thanks,

johnnie.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 svengali

We posted a new ad for a creative rhythm guitarist, just before your post tonight. We`re aiming for a rhythm and voice type sound rather than a wall of guitar, cos guitar bands are coming out of the hedges, there are too many of them. We want to gig and record asap, Lieselle and Julie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭lu22

hey..
    im a girl that sings...
    would be interested in what your about...
    23 dublin... where you based???
    do you have email and i can mail you a sample of my singing????? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭deaddonkey

lu22 wrote:
    hey..
    im a girl that sings...
    would be interested in what your about...
    23 dublin... where you based???
    do you have email and i can mail you a sample of my singing????? :)

i'll pm you my email address now. sit tight. :)
    svengali wrote:
    We posted a new ad for a creative rhythm guitarist, just before your post tonight. We`re aiming for a rhythm and voice type sound rather than a wall of guitar, cos guitar bands are coming out of the hedges, there are too many of them. We want to gig and record asap, Lieselle and Julie

yeah, i saw it and checked out your stuff, it's not really my bag though. thanks anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭deaddonkey

i believe i had a hat?

Advertisement