Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scope Rail??

Options
  • 21-01-2007 10:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭

@k that... what size rails have you guys got on your rifle and what mounts sako, tikka, CZ (centrefire) anyone using Warne? its not like i can go into a dealer and ask him to try one on the rifle,see what fits .. hand it back . and then buy it online:D :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

11mm is the standard 22 Rail, loads of manufacturers make them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭.243

get in contact with john greene in waterford,he'd make one for you

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭thelurcher

A cheap but very good alternative is to get the weaver adapters off Eric Brooks:
    http://www.cz452.com/
    It will give you more options including the Burris Signature Rings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭triskell

yeah its pretty much the standard .22 rail,thats what worries me light 22 mounts on a 308. what size is the rail on a trg? ive been told warne mounts are recommended on the ssg 3000 (same rail), but which mounts?

AFAIK Sportsmatch rate their mounts to work with fullbores.

Apel are nice though, were you pricing their roll-off or pivot mounts? The pivot mounts are a lot more expensive, but only necessary if you need the QD feature, I've been very happy with the roll-off type.

• Advertisement

civdef wrote:

Apel are nice though, were you pricing their roll-off or pivot mounts? The pivot mounts are a lot more expensive, but only necessary if you need the QD feature, I've been very happy with the roll-off type.
    i dont need qd feature, any ideas of cost of rool off?

I paid about 150 for a set about 6 years ago, I'm buying some replacement bases for these at the moment (changed rifle), I'll ask the dealer I'm buying them off for some prices.

civdef wrote:

i dont need qd feature, any ideas of cost of rolll off?

thanks civ

Advertisement