Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibreglass water tank

Options
  • 21-01-2007 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,584 ✭✭✭✭

Is there any way of knowing what the lifespan of a fibreglass water tank is? Ours - the main tank in the attic - is now about 35 years old. Presumably it is the same one that was installed in the house when it was new, we have been in the house 20 years and I don't think a tank would have gone through the previous loft access. It seems fine and it is well supported on planks, the last plumber I asked more or less said 'if it ain't broke...' but do we wait until it floods the house before we do anything about it? How can you tell when its about to expire? Any words of wisdom would be appreciated. (you can tell I've little to worry about:D )

Advertisement