Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Female-fronted metal bands

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Backtoblack

Easpa Measa are by far (in my opinion) the best "Female fronted" band in Dublin at the moment.

www.myspace.com/easpameasaba

That link doesn't work.
    ??
    Any other links? tanQ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

That link doesn't work.
    ??
    Any other links? tanQ

I think he meant to say www.myspace.com/easpameasaband

I think he meant to say www.myspace.com/easpameasaband

Tnx.

They are scary.
    :confused: :eek:

I will get the Moth Complex album though, they're cool me thinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 m3TaL h3aRt

Nightwish
    Arch Enemy

I love two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

Kharn wrote:
    Easpa Measa are savage alright, doubt they'd describe themselves as "female fronted" though :D

Hence the quotation marks.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

I will get the Moth Complex album though, they're cool me thinks.

i listened to them and wasn't impressed, i didn't like the fills they have at the start of all the songs on their website, whats up with that

Octavia Sperati all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!! check out Without Air (After) on their myspace

http://www.myspace.com/octaviasperati

Tnx.

They are scary.
    :confused: :eek:

Lol, wouldn't like to see the expression on your face after listening to something like Scald then.:D

I'm not sure if they've already been mentioned but The 5.6.7.8's are an all female asian punk/rock band. They're pretty daycent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Numina wrote:
    i listened to them and wasn't impressed, i didn't like the fills they have at the start of all the songs on their website, whats up with that

Octavia Sperati all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!! check out Without Air (After) on their myspace

http://www.myspace.com/octaviasperati

It depends what genre of music the person is into. To lump all "female fronted" bands together isn't right. The person wanted a recommendation of a more industrial sounding female fronted band, which Moth Complex are. Whereas Octavia Sperati are a doom metal band.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Lol, wouldn't like to see the expression on your face after listening to something like Scald then.:D
    Or Flagitious Idiosyncrasy in the Dilapidation...

mekal can be vewy fwikening for ickle people...
    :p

Kharn wrote:

I not ickle! I jus fraidy cat! Lee me lone meanie :rolleyes:
    :D

totally off topic, what category of music do "The Afghan Whigs" land into?
    I bought "black love" today, its excellent! Alternative/Indie?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Kharn wrote:

**** sake!! thay are ****ing mental!!, they Rule!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

I'm still amazed how close the poll is, and how no-one's actually voted for Tristania yet...

I not ickle! I jus fraidy cat! Lee me lone meanie :rolleyes:
    :D
    :p Grind by it's very nature is not pretty. Those Japanses ladies are, by their very nature, lovely :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I'm still amazed how close the poll is, and how no-one's actually voted for Tristania yet...
    I still don't know who to vote for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

I still don't know who to vote for.

Let me help you. www.myspace.com/nightwish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Tristania are my 2nd favourite band, so if I wasnt so biased towards Nightwish, I'd definately have voted for them.

Kharn wrote:
    Those Japanses ladies are, by their very nature, lovely :D

Agreed, plus Id give anything to be able to growl anywhere near that well.

Kharn wrote:
    :p Grind by it's very nature is not pretty. Those Japanses ladies are, by their very nature, lovely :D

I listened to (as much as i could endure of) those Japanese ladies.. um.. did they record one voice track and use it for the first 2 songs on their MySpace?? It sounds seriously like it!!! :p But maybe its my tiny winy ickle sensitive ears just aren't able to properly tune into that fwightening heavy metal music.... but I'm not so sure!

:D:D
    ;)

I listened to (as much as i could endure of) those Japanese ladies.. um.. did they record one voice track and use it for the first 2 songs on their MySpace?? It sounds seriously like it!!! :p But maybe its my tiny winy ickle sensitive ears just aren't able to properly tune into that fwightening heavy metal music.... but I'm not so sure!

:D:D
    ;)

'sake, get your ears fixed women!:mad: :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

She has a point. What a complete load of sh*te. They're pretty fit though. And I was quite amused that they point out whether they're married or not. The Japanese never fail to spin me out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

Nightwish wrote:
    It depends what genre of music the person is into. To lump all "female fronted" bands together isn't right. The person wanted a recommendation of a more industrial sounding female fronted band, which Moth Complex are. Whereas Octavia Sperati are a doom metal band.

oh, sorry to confuse, I voted other in the poll, and Octavia Sperati are my choice of poll, so the moth complex bit is unrelated to it.

Oeneus wrote:
    She has a point. What a complete load of sh*te. They're pretty fit though. And I was quite amused that they point out whether they're married or not. The Japanese never fail to spin me out.
    Now you're talking a complete load of shite in fairness. I hated grind when I first heard it, didn't make any sense to me and just sounded like a wall of noise. Then I developed the ability to appreciate it and to pick out the instruments and all the rest and there's no going back from music that extreme! Everything else is just TEH GHEY!!!!!111one :p

Oh and the Married or not thing - if you were a hot Japanese chick that had a very public profile of yourself on the internet and you could do something to stop perverts like me asking you to marry you, wouldn't you? :D

Kharn wrote:
    Now you're talking a complete load of shite in fairness. I hated grind when I first heard it, didn't make any sense to me and just sounded like a wall of noise. Then I developed the ability to appreciate it and to pick out the instruments and all the rest and there's no going back from music that extreme! Everything else is just TEH GHEY!!!!!111one :p

After my first dose of Napalm Death (the first album) I don't think I slept properly for a few days, it was more so Lee's voice than anything, that grinding grating almost brain dead sounds cming out of him. Madness i tell ya. :D
    But after you become used to it the music really becomes amazing. I think I get a lot of satisfaction from listenign to it jsut because it pisses off a lot people who tink it's satanic or something. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I don't think After Forever have been mentioned yet. They're a Dutch metal band. Singer Floor Jansen has a fabulous voice. She hasn't quite got Tarja Turunen's range but she's close! I highly recommend their album "Beautiful Emptiness". I picked it up after seeing it listed in someone's Top 10 on Amazon.com and I'm glad I did!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭cruachan7

Shameless self promotion but have you checked out Cruachan?? Female fronted Folk Metal band from Dublin. New cd "the Morrigan's Call" in HMV now!

www.cruachan.cjb.net

Yee have a male leadsinger aswell dont you? btw I loved your cover of ride on. Also im doing music for the leaving cert and for the fusion sectionin trad i was thinking about using you guys, but I cant find any of you albums down here in waterford, do you know where they might be on sale around here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

The only band I actually like in that list is Arch Enemy. And yes, the lead singer is sex on legs but if she started growling in front of me I'd probably be a little afraid...

Afraid?? Id love it.!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭cruachan7

Yee have a male leadsinger aswell dont you? btw I loved your cover of ride on. Also im doing music for the leaving cert and for the fusion sectionin trad i was thinking about using you guys, but I cant find any of you albums down here in waterford, do you know where they might be on sale around here?

Well I (Keith) do a good bit of singing and screaming!! but Karen is the main vocalist. You should be able to pick up our cd's in any HMV, Virgin have our older albums but are not into smaller bands these days so are not carrying the latest. Failing that you can get our stuff on-line, play.com sendit.com cdwow etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

Voted for Evanescence but back in the day Girlschool were class.

Advertisement