Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Female-fronted metal bands

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Balls there are no virgins/hmvs in waterford , and i cant get stuff online. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Backtoblack

http://www.soniccathedral.com/
    Female Vocal Superstore! :)

here's a pretty good link on the topic that I stumbled upon looking at other links posted on this thread. It lists female fronted bands etc & has a store!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Sonic Cathedral is an american site, so buying from them usually isnt the cheapest option. I regularly visit the site to read reviews and interviews. I know a few people who write for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

cruachan7 wrote:
    Shameless self promotion but have you checked out Cruachan?? Female fronted Folk Metal band from Dublin. New cd "the Morrigan's Call" in HMV now!

Yep :)
    Like the other guy, I'm doing the LC and I'm using you guys if the Trad Fusion section comes up. Got me full marks in a class test already...

lol, i havent really been able to think of anything to write( yeah im quite bad at music) any chance you can email me what you have written?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭PCros

Flyleaf should be up there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭Alucard II

The only band I actually like in that list is Arch Enemy. And yes, the lead singer is sex on legs but if she started growling in front of me I'd probably be a little afraid...
    Angel Gossow is hideous looking. how anyone could find her attractive without a bag on her head i dont know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭Dark Artist

Voted for Nightwish although Evanescence come in close second. After Forever should definitely be there.

WT just released their new album The Heart of Everything - have to say I'm eating it up, I think it's their best yet.

Dark Artist from the NW forum no doubt!

And yes WT's new album is fantastic. I'm going to Eindhoven in November to see them.

Nightwish wrote:
    Dark Artist from the NW forum no doubt!

It's a small web after all!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Nah, I suspect you just stalk her too. ;)

Just one of my many!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Oooh...tough choice. Not long back, I'd have said Nightwish but I was so disgusted at how they treated Tarja that I went off them; fire her if neccessary, fine, but doing it as a big publicity stunt and so horribly...:confused: Seriously not cool. :mad: On the other hand I love Nemo, Ghost Love Score, Planet Hell, The Siren, Creek Mary's Blood etc etc etc...

Gah!

Went for WT in the end, love Silent Force album, getting attached to Heart of Everything and Mother Earth was pretty good too. Sirenia have some good stuff too (On The Wane is a great song). Leaves Eyes and Xandria are well worth a listen btw! Never could get fond of Evanescence though although fair play to them for opening up a path for other goth metal bands

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Walls of Jericho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Padwick

Many Within Temptation fans on here? My missus got me into them and I've loved them ever since. New album is class but nothing beats Mother Earth.

Yep I love them. Are you going to the big concert in Eindhoven? It'll probably be recorded for a dvd!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Heard the new Within Temptation album a couple of weeks back and have to admit I was pretty underwhelmed, it's not close to either Mother Earth nor last year's Karmacode. The heavier sound really doesn't suit them...

I've been a WT fan for a while, got the new CD the other day and it's turned into my favourite WT album already. ME and TSF are brilliant too of course. Still trying to swallow Enter... it doesn't float my boat at all right now! Pretty much all their songs are still growing on me after 2 years of knowing them. Great band. \m/

Enter is their finest album IMO. Although I like the more symphonic path they took from ME onwards. I just wish they'd keep Roberts growls. He hasn't really been featured in any song since Jane Doe - however he does growl the latin parts in Our Solemn Hour if you listen closely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 836 ✭✭✭- bo -

Id probably say Lacuna Coil myself.

Saw them in the ******* last year and they put on a great perfornmance, I was kinda surprised because I wasnt expecting them to be as good as they were. Plus I got to meet them all afterwards and theyre all dead on - brownie points. Some of them went drinking afterwards with fans. And I waited in the freezig cold for about 2 hours afterwards to meet Cristina Scabbia but lets face it thats a small price to pay...

Moth Complex were mentioned here, they supported LC as someone said. I dunno, just couldnt take them seriously, the frontwoman was doing all these kinda, I dunno, slutty dance moves? during the performance. She was hot but still I just wanted them to get off and let LC on...

Within Temptation, I have Mother Earth and the latest album and theres some cracking songs on them, have to start listening to them some more...

I like Evanescence's Fallen album, the latest one isnt great I dont think

• Advertisement

Moth Complex played a longer set because the 2nd support band got stuck in the UK, and couldnt make it to Ireland.

I'm surprised Angtoria haven't been mentioned here. They are fronted by Sarah Jezebel Deva of Cradle of Filth and Therion fame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Nightwish wrote:
    I'm surprised Angtoria haven't been mentioned here.
    If anyone's interested there are a few tracks available for download from their site. I definitely like the first track "Do You See Me Now".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Aghora, that is all. Latest album, "Formless" is a triumph for all things cool and groovy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Madder Mortem.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Mother Earth album is pretty good- although I really don't like In Perfect Harmony- have I ever wanted to kill a song character so much!!! Preferred Silent Force- Jilllian is a fantastic song!

Someone metioned Therion up there- got their Sirius B album a few days ago- it's fantastic! Weird mix of music but some really good stuff. Possibly a small bit too operatic but damn good!

Got Vinlandsaga by Leaves Eyes not long ago too- another great band. Liv Kristine's voice is stunning! Would really recommend it!

While it occurs to me, does anyone know Blind Guardian? I've heard Maiden and the Minstrel Knight and love it but can't find much more of their stuff. Can anyone tell me if that song is generally representative of their stuff or was it a bit of a once off for them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Angel of deth

????????????????who the **** is ELSEXDDDDDD?????????????????????

Way to necro the thread ;) .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Way to necro the thread ;) .
    Ha, I was wondering why this one popped into my e-mail inbox.

Sure, we may as well continue the discussion :).

Were In This Moment mentioned already? They're well worth checking out regardless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Needs moar Nightwish.

Edenbridge and Lunatica are two more bands worth mentioning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Cathy666

HolyHell!

Advertisement