Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't stay connected with Belkin modem/router

Options
  • 22-01-2007 1:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭

I recently bought this modem/router https://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=322325 and I've been having trouble with it disconnecting every few minutes. It seems to disconnect whenever the connection is idle for just a minute.

I've read about people that had this problem on other models and some fixed it by updating the firmware and others by changing the 'Idle time' setting to '0'. Well there is no newer firmware for this model and the Idle time was 0 by default. I tried changing it to 30000 aswell but that made no difference.
    belkin9dn.th.jpg
    Somewhere else I read about a bad phone cable could be causing disconnects. I'm using a fairly long extension cable from the phone socket to the modem.

I've found a temporary workaround to stay connected and that's to have internet radio playing in Winamp all the time. Then it doesn't disconnect but it's hardly ideal.

Has anyone got this modem or seen this problem before? Any idea what I could try to sort it out?

Advertisement