Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need help with a weird problem when trying to surf

• 22-01-2007 1:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

I have a Linksys Wag54Gs and have it setup with the default "192.168.1.1" but no Dhcp server and have given each pc connected to it (1 wired and 1 wireless) an ip address in the same range "192.168.1.xx. With the wired pc I can surf the net no problems. When I try to do it wireless via the laptop the little icon on the taskbar tells me I am connected with full strenght but wont let me connect. When I try to ping the router via the wireless connection I get a time out. I have turned of the firewall, I have also gone into the routers wireless setting and disabled the security so the wireless connection is open for all but still get the same results ie:being told I am connected at full speed but unable to surf the net or ping the router. Anyone ever get this problem?

Just to add when I hook the laptop up to the router via an ethernet cable no worries I can surf/ping etc

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭NutJob

post the result of

ipconfig /all

for both wired and wireless and someone might be able to help

Advertisement