Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ronnie O'Sullivan appreciation thread

• 22-01-2007 2:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭

Tonights exhibition of snooker confirmed that the guy is probably the best natural talent in the sport today, if not any sport. He's fast, he's great to watch, he's a great character and a nice guy, I'd imagine he's fairly impossible to dislike.

Whatever about his personal problems in the past (and more recent past too, lets not forget), when this guy is on form there is no better sight to see. He always comes back stronger than before, and tonights compassion for Ding and reaction to the audience was great to see. Before he conceded the game recently, he was telling Hendry that he couldn't understand his intensive training regime and how he couldn't do it. To feel "bored" with a sport and then be as awesome as he was tonight takes some doing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brtM-nckU1E

They should make a film about this guy.
    • First century break at age 10
    • A 147 by the time he was 15
    • Professional at age 16
    • UK and British Open Champion by age 19
    • 461 century breaks
    • Six 147's, five of which are in the top 6 fastest of all time

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭patrickc

all I'll say in reply to that is I'm in total agreement and "hail king Ronnie" lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭BrandonBlock

I was watchin it on the big screen in the pub this evening, great game of snooker he really is a pleasure to watch! To come from 2-0 down to win
    10-3 great stuff! g'wan Ronnie!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

I was watchin it on the big screen in the pub this evening, great game of snooker he really is a pleasure to watch! To come from 2-0 down to win
    10-3 great stuff! g'wan Ronnie!

A pub that shows the snooker? Deadly!
    Ronnie's great but it's a shame that he hasn't been all he could be. The thing with Davis and Hendry is that they turned up to ready to win EVERY tournament year in and year out, and everybody knew it. They were almost always on top of their game and very difficult to beat. With Ronnie, you never know which one is gonna show up. Plus I still dont think he has the safety to be a true unbeatable force. The likes of Ken can wear him down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

zuutroy wrote:
    A pub that shows the snooker? Deadly!
    Every pub will show a snooker final. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,090 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Yes, it's fair to say he hasn't always lived up to his talent and
    his safety is not quite to the standard of Davis. However, when he does play to his potential he is the best player every to pick up a cue.
    Ding's pot success was 90 per cent this would be enough to beat most players, not Ronnie though! A 96 per cent pot rate is phenomenal! That was the best i've ever seen him or anyone else play. He made it look so easy! It was great how he comforted Ding too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭armchairninja

To be fair, the only reason ding had a 90% pot rate was because of the fact that he was sat in the chair most of the time after the second frame, still though, absolutely superb performance of snooker, the man is a machine when on form, unbeatable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

ziggy67 wrote:
    In saying that i have to agree with what Shaun Murphy said about him not fulfilling his media obligations during the week, but maybe the fault for that lies with the governing body.

Did anyone see the "X or Y?" type thing he did for the BBC that was shown during the final? Had me in stitches.

He really seems to hate the media side of things now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Played exceptionaly well all of last week and was on top form in the final, didn't give Ding a chance to settle. He is one of the best out there, natural talent with that added bit of flair but he has still a long way off to even get close to Hendry...just look at what Hendry has achieved

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Hendry

Saying that. Ronnie is a great player and great for the game, hope he stays on top of he's game for the rest of the year, should be a great world championships

Oh and the X and Y thing was very funny, must be under contract to do it i say.

Advertisement