Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BushCraft Ireland

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Crapbag

Hi Guys,

Our website is now up and running. Bear in mind that it is still under construction

http://www.irishbushcraftclub.org

I will update the club thread soon with details of our trip to IPNA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭IPNA

It was great to have all of the lads and ladies down for the weekend. Anna, Greg and I enjoyed your company and look forward to your next visit.
    I will use any excuse to spend time in the woods, especially with motivated and wonderful people.

Aebhric, Anna and Greg

I know it seems like the thread has stagnated on the thread but I can asure you that things are ticking away in the background, albeit slowly. Coming up to the college new year, Im busy trying to get bits and bobs done before im back out into the winter training so I have had to refocus slightly on that. However Im hoping to get another meeting going soon before it gets too cold for people. The weather lately hasnt helped. I hope people are still going to be interested in doing stuff over the winter

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭ste2006

Hi All,

I can't believe i found this thread and other people in Ireland are actually interested in this kind of thing, I love Bushcraft (Not great at it but still love it)

I often head out into the wild at weekends with my books messing about and trying to get fire going, build shelters etc.

I have searched so hard before for a survival course in Ireland but could not find any so decided i will have to resort to the UK early next year. Is there any survival courses in Ireland???

I would be very interested to hear about your next pursuit or any details you may have, Let me know,

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭neolithic

Sometimes It may be a good thing that the whole country is not into the same passtime. There are Bushcraft Courses in Ireland. You just have to find them. I have been on Primitive Living 1 run by Anthonio Akkermans of wild-live.org . Its not a survival course as such but is a great introduction to Primitive Living and Bushcraft. It is based in Castle Ward in County Down . Not to far to drive from Dublin and cheaper than flying . There is other courses from other people I have not attended any of these so I cannot comment. I attended the meetup in Castle Ward recently and it was great to meetup with people who are intrested in the same thing.
    Last of all, always check out information thats given out over the web as what people believe to be true and comment on may not always be true.
    Check out The Irish Bushcraft Club.

• Advertisement

Agreed. A website is one thing, even a forum can be host of miss information. The best thing to do is meet the people. That is why we were in Kerry, Galway and Castleward. To get out, meet people with similar interests and practice skills. Thats the foundation for the club

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭preacherman

Hi ste2006,

You dont say where abouts you are from in the country or where you are looking for a course. As others here have said, the Irish bushcraft club is probably your best bet as you will get to meet like minded people. Some of these people will have been on courses here and abroad so you will get first hand information on the various schools.

Also the bushcraft club website which is still under construction by the way will have links to resources that have been used by the members. Eventually there will be a good database of bushcraft information and knowledge that we can all benefit from.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Just so everybody knows Survival.ie has been banned from http://www.boards.ie/ for advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭ste2006

Hi Preacherman,

sorry, I am from Dublin, Yes have been added to the mailing list so hopefully somethig will come of that. If anybody is heading out over Christmas I would lov eto tag along and hopefully learn something new :)

Anyone heading out let me know,

Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭irishlostboy

hey stephen. i am sure there will be some stuff happening in the new year. i will be going out over the holidays, but mainly in the northwest unfortunately. i am hoping to do my 3 day winter trip, but unfortunately my health has taken a bad turn. hopefully i can build back up on christmas food!!! lol.
    if we have anything on in dublin i am sure we will let you know. look forward to meeting you.

• Advertisement

We are hoping to run something soon after the new year. I have been under the weather myself and preparing for assessments so I havent had much chance to getting anything organised. Ill be sending out a mail soon

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

Lads pleasure to meet yis yertderday up in Cavan @ club HQ
    Have to say much respect to everyone for pitchin up a tarp in this

76FADBB511F94B2F815CA5564D428115-0000326051-0002126946-00240L-00000000000000000000000000000000.jpg

but luckily enough we were ready for anything mother nature threw at us, Noah dropped by and knocked up a handy vessel, god bless all who sail in her :D

052695EBC0914CFDAA9D71396CA6583B-0000326051-0002126944-00240L-00000000000000000000000000000000.jpg

Thankfully before we were all torn assunder with the hunger Jim pitched in with his latest purchase :confused: I mean accessory which he's had for ages. Of course it was dark by the time we figured out how to turn the feckin thing on!!!

70B88770C64048169905521073463FCD-0000326051-0002126942-00240L-00000000000000000000000000000000.jpg

Look forward to getting together at the next meet which may be under a tarp with a laptop and 3g card in phoenix park by all accounts!!

PS I believe the committee may deciding on whether calls/txt's may be made after dark from now on

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭preacherman

Hi hick,

Good to know you enjoyed the craic anyway ... you might be interested in this thread tho ;) ....http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055315103&page=10

Andrew

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

cheers andrew, flippin wrong coordinates :D

Evil phil perhaps you could lock this thread or merge it with the other one if ye saw fit! ta

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

hick wrote: »
    cheers andrew, flippin wrong coordinates :D

Evil phil perhaps you could lock this thread or merge it with the other one if ye saw fit! ta

Done.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement