Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Super Bowl XLI

• 22-01-2007 5:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭

Well here we are !!!

The Chicago Bears v The Indianapolis Colts in Super Bowl XLI !!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

As a neutral, i really wish the bears could be replaced with the Pats. I think the game tonight was the real SB.

I hope i am wrong, but i think this SB could be one of the worst in a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Yes sir bring it on. I think we have been waiting a little while for 2 underdogs make it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,192 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

As a neutral, i really wish the bears could be replaced with the Pats. I think the game tonight was the real SB.

I hope i am wrong, but i think this SB could be one of the worst in a long time.

I wish the Bears could be replaced by the Packers. But the system is laid out for a long time now. We suffered through many NFC blowouts and even though the AFC is dominating, they are hardly blowouts. The last drubbing was by the Bucs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭Manny7

I think we have been waiting a little while for 2 underdogs make it.

do either the bears or the colts count as underdogs???

can't see anything except for a colts blowout on this one unfortunately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Well here we are !!!

The Chicago Bears v The Indianapolis Chiefs in Super Bowl XLI !!
    Indianapolis Chiefs?

Has the francise moved?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Personally I think it will be a good one. two solid teams,both have weaknesses.

Also two teams which have been coming out of lean spells in the past.

So I'm looking forward to a good close game.

Unfortunately I think the season ends with the Championship games as The Superbowl seems to be taken over by hype and the prawn sandwich brigade.

Its far too drawn out to be a real game,and with the usually neutral venue loses a lot in atmosphere.

Thats my 2c

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Devrozex

I agree, the Colts just shaded it with home advantage, I think if the two played at neutral venue we would have got an absolute classic.

Think saying it could be the worst SB in a long time is going a little far though. The Bears and the Colts have both been class this year. Like yourself I'm a neutral in this one, though I'm a big fan of Manning's work, so I'm leaning towards the Colts a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Indianapolis Chiefs?

Has the francise moved?

Yikes !!

I am not sure how I made that mistake !! LOL

I'll fix it ASAP.

Yes sir bring it on. I think we have been waiting a little while for 2 underdogs make it.

I don't see how either of these two teams would be considered 'underdogs' as far as making it to the Super Bowl.

The Bears had the best record in the NFC and Indianapolis has been to the AFC Championship game on a few occassions and BOTH teams had home field advantage in their victories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

I don't see how either of these two teams would be considered 'underdogs' as far as making it to the Super Bowl.

The Bears had the best record in the NFC and Indianapolis has been to the AFC Championship game on a few occassions and BOTH teams had home field advantage in their victories.

Underdog would be the wrong term. I'm thinking more about where both these clubs were in the late 90's. The Colts had a hard time before Manning came two 3-13 seasons. The Bears were rubbish through most of the 90s.
    But that's the beauty of the NFL parity system.

Or it could have been that I was knackered and drunk at 4.30 am after the classic game..........;)

• Advertisement

I would say so LOL

The NFL has acheived a level of parity with free agency and the salary cap over the past few years where a team can turn their fortunes around in a year or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭dl

C'mon da Bears ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭Hynzie

I would say so LOL

The NFL has acheived a level of parity with free agency and the salary cap over the past few years where a team can turn their fortunes around in a year or two.

thats one of the best things about the nfl, its so unpredictable unlike other sports like soccer. I love soccer but its so annoying how in most leagues about four of five teams monopolise the sport. I mean watford will probobly never win the premiership but the cardinals could win the superbowl next year for all we know.

about this year i dont really mind who wins it aslong as its a good game. Im thinking its the colts year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Postseason wise, you do have to consider (or at least should have considered) both of these teams as underdogs, but moreso the Colts, given the AFCs dominance as of late. Playoffs are an entirely different paradigm to the regular season, not least due to the sudden death nature, and with teams like San Diego, Baltimore and New England knocking around their conference another Colts failure was certainly expected by yours truly.

Coincidently, is it wrong that I really just want to see Manning (the elder) fail at everything he does? Just something about him I greatly dislike, I dunno, I can't put my finger on it. But with that in mind I also hate watching the Bears play (while also beating the Seahawks), so I suppose this SB will be a dead horse for me.

This is one of the most eagerly awaiting Super Bowls for yours truly. I am flying out on wednesday to head to Chicago for a few days of 'tailgating' at my local and then hopefully another solid week of celebrating afterwards.

Either way I am going to do everything that I can to enjoy the time leading up to gametime.

It's a much different feeling when the team that you have 'lived and died with' every Sunday since you were old enough to watch a game is in the Super Bowl.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

This is one of the most eagerly awaiting Super Bowls for yours truly. I am flying out on wednesday to head to Chicago for a few days of 'tailgating' at my local and then hopefully another solid week of celebrating afterwards.

Either way I am going to do everything that I can to enjoy the time leading up to gametime.

It's a much different feeling when the team that you have 'lived and died with' every Sunday since you were old enough to watch a game is in the Super Bowl.

enjoy yourself

I will do my best !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭coyote6

Me hopes this is the year of redemption for the Colts. It's been 23 years of waiting. This'll be a good super bowl. Colts 45 - Bears 28

Post 200 will hopefully be a victory post!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

yea its 11:30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭spyder238

yea i was told 11:30, come on the colts. manning FTW :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Dr.Slurm

spyder238 wrote:
    yea i was told 11:30, come on the colts. manning FTW :D
    You couldn't be more wrong! Its 11:25... lets go COLTS!! What monkey?

anyone watch the pre-game show?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭Lirange

Today's forecast temps:

Indy: Low, -20C High, -11C

Chicago: Low, -23C High, -17C

Miami: Low, 16C High, 23C

was raining all day in miami

we r gonna see some fumbles in that weather. Hopefully from Hester...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Are there any live streams of this on the net, google didnt turn up anything free!

Thought I had itv on my tv but i was wrong.

try tvuplayer that might have it

i agree with that slurm fellow..

yea its on cbs on tvuplayer

• Advertisement

It seems I have no signal? does it take a time to warm up or something?

edit: got it cheers.

took a few seconds for me, have it on along with sky

edit: no problem man, i think sky is about 20-30 seconds ahead of it though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

The High Def picture on Sky Sports HD is jaw-droppingly gorgeous, and DD5.1 surround sound.

Go bears!

you lucky git, if only i had the money, i would have got it just for this, just to see the colts win :p

Ha ha anyone see the ad on cbs with david beckham in it, good stuff. PH where abouts in D22 are you, i'll bring the beer ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Did the crowd just boo that guy because he was called Muhammad?

• Advertisement

It seemed that way alright didnt it!?!

seemed like it, no one else was booed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

shoutman wrote:
    Ha ha anyone see the ad on cbs with david beckham in it, good stuff. PH where abouts in D22 are you, i'll bring the beer ;)
    Clondalkin ...
    go Hester!!!!!! touchdown!

hester :mad: god damnit

Go Colts

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Holy sh1t.
    Bears return from kickoff!

Game on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Wot a start 92 yrd return Touchdown for the Bears

The TVUPlayer is obviously delayed by a few seconds.....

nice return :(

definitely not the best start for the colts

is anyone else trying to get tickets for the wembley match??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭cousin_borat

Was it just me or did the crowd boo the Mushid Muhammed when the teams were being announced???

Was it just me or did the crowd boo the Mushid Muhammed when the teams were being announced???

Thought i was hearing things...... but sounds like they were

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

his nickname is moose. they went "MOOOOOOOOOSSE"!!!!!. sounds like a big chi town crowd. and just in. reggie wayne TD

COLTS!!!! oh yea what a pass

Go Colts......53yrd Touchdown:D

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssss!!!! reggie wayne 53 yards!!! touchdown colts!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement