Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RATM Reunite for Coachella Festival

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

how bout we do like the new walkers ad and drag our country over to the west coast of america?? we can all save a few euros that way.

they will reform and be better than before.......what i have been convincing myself since the day i heard they split, could be the best comeback since ROCKY!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Ho-Hum

Great news indeed, not to mention unexpected.

*Prays for Irish gig

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Wow.

Just...

heh. Wow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,836 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

great news,im still in shcok so im not totally excited yet,i mean i love audioslave but the foundation of audioslave is this band,rage changed everything,even if it is just for one show,for music in general its a great bit of news,id like to see RATM but i still love the slave and chris,we will have to wait and see what happens over the next few days,but seriously....rage are back man,holy S_H_I_T.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

ok, theres a presale on for the next 12 hours.. until 6 in the mornin

www.ticketmaster.com the password is DAYTRIPPIN for 1 day tickets and PEOPLEOFTHESUN for 3 day

just got our tickets!!! I'm Goin to see RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

BEWARE OF AT LEAST €25 SERIVCE CHARGE PER TICKET. ROBBIN BASTARDS...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

wish i could afford it, great news none the less.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

wish i could afford it, great news none the less.......

change your god damn name.....

but yeah, amazing news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

dj shadow is there too! ah man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

just got our tickets!!! I'm Goin to see RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

Allow me congratulate you. But we expect full on brilliant photos and videos now. I think I might just live and hope for an Irish date, if it ever happens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I wonder what the chances of them doing the Download festival in Donington Park are? That would be far easier to get to thanks to the East Midlands airport being within walking distance of the festival. Plus there's the small matter of all the other bands that would be playing :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

not a notion of an irish date, if these guys are earning 5.5million dollars (to quote seanironmaiden from another thread) they wont come to ireland. best we could hope for is reading or wacken?? but i wouldnt hold my breath....then again i never thought they would reform

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭pkumohideeile

does anyone have a guess to why they're reforming in the first place? i mean probably its politically driven. but audioslave are going fine so whats the deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭pkumohideeile

what was the reason for them breaking up in the first place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

does anyone have a guess to why they're reforming in the first place? i mean probably its politically driven. but audioslave are going fine so whats the deal.

Audioslave didn't tour their last album at all.. Cornell went off and did the Bond thing and now he's doing a solo album and touring it when it's out. bad move chris..... plus, there's the fact that in the last 7 years we "needed" Rage more than ever... (from a political standpoint)

as far as them not playing here because they wouldn't get $5 million or whatever.. I don't think the money is a main factor and it certainley won't be once the play Coachella and remember how much ass they kick! I would imagine their not making too much plans until they see how this one show goes and taking ti from there. Hopefully they're considering some European festivals...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Its funny to see Damien Rice tucked away under their name, I wonder if he'll be playing near the same time as the lads, a load of metallers pushed up the front through his set waiting for Rage

what was the reason for them breaking up in the first place?

Musician Saul Williams has suggested that de la Rocha left the band because he did not want Renegades to be released, and the rest of the band wanted to put it out against his wishes.

Those three members sought out separate management of their own and managed to secure the immediate release of the album.

On October 18, 2000, de la Rocha released the following statement:

“ I feel that it is now necessary to leave Rage because our decision-making process has completely failed. It is no longer meeting the aspirations of all four of us collectively as a band, and from my perspective, has undermined our artistic and political ideal. I am extremely proud of our work, both as activists and musicians, as well as indebted and grateful to every person who has expressed solidarity and shared this incredible experience with us. „

I wonder will we see any more of this? Whatever you think of Rage, this particular move may have been a mistake

RATM_-_Burningamp.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

I vote RATM for Slane:)

Would love to see this though, i think if De La Roche and co. can put away differences for this gig then i can't see there NOT being any more gigs to come tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭MunkyHed

Seems to be a good lot of Irish goin. Got my ticket in the presale. Cant wait! See ya there seanironmaiden!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭ExoduS 18.11

I wonder will we see any more of this? Whatever you think of Rage, this particular move may have been a mistake

RATM_-_Burningamp.jpg

what may have been a mistake? Yea looks interviews with tom morello suggest a reunite although its not in stone!!

Check out NME for some news, Morello states that although he verifies its a once off gig, he does not rule out future activity. Apartently they're hell bent on attacking the Bush administration . Imagine a new album phoaaaaaaaaaaaaar :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Exodus 18.11, think the burning of the American flag he might have been talking about.

A new anti-Bush administration album by RATM...I can only imagine what it wouldn't have. Cant see them going that far though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭ExoduS 18.11

I thought that image turned into a very strong political point on there views on the US administration!

Advertisement