Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Win XP - on 7Mhz...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Jaysus, 30 minutes to boot !!! :eek:

I'll never complain about my boot time again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

HavoK wrote:
    http://winhistory.de/more/386/xpmini_eng.htm

Windows XP on 7Mhz and 20mb of Ram.

that is mental and to think I was nervous about installing it(XP) on my dads pentium 3 500mhz laptop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Crazy germans :) Amusing to see that xp actually runs on 1995-96 era hardware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

a bit pointless :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Kazu wrote:
    a bit pointless :eek: :eek:

I think it shows how bloated things have become. Nothing poinless about that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I think it shows how bloated things have become. Nothing poinless about that.
    Ah, but have they really?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

you could use the windows 3.0 CGA driver on windows 3.11 ( 640KB/8MHz) but never could get it to work on Win 95 :(
    It is still possible to use the Program Manager in Windows XP Service Pack 2 by replacing the progman.exe executable with the executable from Service Pack 1 (or the operating system's original release). With the SP1 CD, one can expand it by typing expand -r D:\i386\progman.ex_ C:\Windows at the command prompt (replacing D: with the CD-ROM drive letter). It is also possible to bypass the Windows system file protection and overwrite the SP2 version of Program Manager completely.

and then there is the trick of killing off the running serivces so you only have four processes left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Interesting read that actually..

Advertisement