Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Wanted] So, anyone know where I can look for a short-term let??

Options
  • 22-01-2007 11:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I've been trying to find a short term let for myself and two or three others in Dublin for a few months now, for about a month in the summer. Poor (yet mature) students. It's a bit of a shot in the dark, but does anyone know any decent places to look for something like that? I've been trying Gumtree, craigslist and daft, but they're either exhorbitant, in Spain or there's nothing to be found.

Can anyone suggest a good website or discussion board? Even better, does anyone know someone who wouldn't mind renting their place for a month in the summer? Like I said, bit of a shot in the dark, but I've been looking fruitlessly for what feels like months.

Thanks, hope to hear from someone soon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,397 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Some students who are away for the summer may be looking for someone.

Alternatively try college residences and hostels that might allow long bookings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Blotto_Reborn

I figured as much, but I'm having difficulty locating anyone who would be willing to point me int he direction of anyone. Here in the states Craigslist is really popular and most people use that, but I haven't been able to find an Irish equivalent.
    What makes this situation even more frustrating is that my entire family lives in Dublin, and none of them are reliable enough to find me a place before summer, and they can't even suggest anywhere to look.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement