Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So i met this girl

• 22-01-2007 12:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

A few months ago i met this really amazing woman.
    We were both in our mid 20's and we had being going out for a few really really amazing weeks up until last nov, The problem is she completely managed to destroy me one night by getting very very drunk when we were out, and then meeting and swinging out of other guys while i was talking to her best friend.

After this, things were not the same obviously, but the problem is i find myself questioning how i handled it and in a way feel a sense of regret.

The night that happened i left the night-club and asked her mate (bouncer type guy) to look after her.
    The next day We spoke through text as she wouldn't answer direct calls.
    I was actully so upset and insecure that i wanted to talk and try to leave it as a "drunken mis-hap"
    She herself was also in a bad way because of the damage she had done to me and to herself that night, she told me that she didn't relise her actions due to being that drunk, which was actully something i was willing to accept.
    But in turn she said she needed time alone where i was the oppisite and needed re-assuring i guess.
    I couldn't understand her action and persisted to get attention from her.
    I think this persistence actully damaged the relationship further as she didn't want to talk to anyone or anything.

Anyway push came to shove! and i became fairly annoyed as more time passed without contact.
    We met up a few days later and talked abit (trying to forget that night), but it didn't feel the same.
    She told me she wanted to make it up to me come the weekend, so i agreed and actully began to look forward to it.
    When the weekend came, she canceled on me and said she needed more time!, this left me to a complete loss.
    I didn't speak to her then for a week to which i reacted to breaking it off, i had really become clouded in emotion from hurt of love to see any alternate sides and i guess i'm reflecting still.

Should i have been more patient?
    Could her losing herself to drunkness and leting me down have effected her more then i gave credit for? did i jump the gun with breaking it off?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭cheeky_guy

If i was you, id bring her out for one last night and then go off with someone in front of her. Teach the Beeach a lesson and there's a chance she will come crawling back!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

First off its B I A T C H not the above, and id leave that Hoe, bring her out, have a meal get your drink on and go mack some biatches in front of her, you know play her like she played you Dog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Cops on guys. Steyr, next time its a ban.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Well, i dunno about asking her out.
    I've not spoken to her since dec, and i'm not sure if i want to or that i should,
    Infact i don't actully know what i would say in the first place.

Its strange, even after 2 months she's still on my mind and i can't help but worried that i did over-react and lose her.
    Yet i don't wish to encounter that pain i felt again.

I don't feel the need for vengence, she did deeply hurt me, but i don't think she knew herself what she was doing under that amount of alcohol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

She may not have known what she was doing when she was drunk but her behaviour afterwards is rather odd?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

To be honest she sounds like a head-wrecker, and you'd be better off without her. She's ignored you and you're feelings several times and as far as I can tell she's not exactly drowning in remorse.

If you wish to dig yourself in deeper to this mess you could arrange one more reconciliation meeting but don't expect a leopard to change her spots. As far as I'm concerned she's a very very bad thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

'Yeah, i couldn't understand it much either.
    She told me she wanted to stay with me at the time and said she would understand if i never spoke to her again. she also said she was completly ashamed at what she done and needed time alone, it was a relitlvly earlie stage in a relationship, weather there were other reasons i don't know, but i do know at the time, telling me that didn't make me feel any-better :( .

Degraded from that point to less and less talk and alot of mis-communication, I became emencly quick to judge more then understand.
    My own trust and confidence has swayed since and its why i'm wondering now if my actions back then were out of line? From what people can see.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

VICTOR Its what id do, he was looking for advice and well thats what id do im not joking alright so chillax i gave my opinion.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

OP, it seems to me like this girl has a lot of issues. Maybe there is something on her mind, matbe it is something she is scared to tell you. You say you were with her a few weeks, well that's not a very long time.
    You have two options at this stage, try to get in touch with her. But expect a difficult time emotionally(do you really think you can deal with what happened in the future, or will it eat at you?). Or walk away. The what ifs? of this won't last long and you'll soon forget her.
    If you want my opinion i think going back is opening yourself up to a painful future which could destroy you. Get out while you can.

Advertisement