Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Instant Access Properties?

Options
  • 22-01-2007 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    A friend of mine has joined Instant Access Properties, a company that sources investment property for you domestically and overseas. It costs around 10k to join, and they have finders fees and other costs attached. However they supposedly do a lot of work to find you great deals on property investments and with good discounts as well. My friend has yet to see any results although he has'nt purchased anything yet. He says that so far they seem very professional and are doing a lot of work on his behalf. He has also met other members at seminars and everyone sings their praise.

I am considering getting involved myself. Does anyone here have any experience with this company? Or, have you heard any good/bad things about them?

Any help would be much appreciated

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=17278

There's some reading there with links etc.

I have no experience of them personally, but frankly I wouldn't shell out that sort of cash up-front. But that's just me..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

see

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showpost.php?p=131414&postcount=8

and see

http://money.guardian.co.uk/property/buyingtolet/story/0,,1832405,00.html

sounds like a scam/ rip off to me. They are not registered in Ireland as Investment Intermediaries either . Your mates will never get their money back but you stay away from them now .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Thanks for the links guys...interesting. It does seem that the scheme does work for some people, but maybe not everyone. There are bound to be deals/investments that go wrong and those unfortunate to be involved get into tricky situations. But I wonder whether even with the odd horror story it is overall a good thing to be involved in. My friend seemed to be very impressed by other members accounts of how Instant Access have worked for them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Cianos wrote:

My friend seemed to be very impressed by other members accounts of how Instant Access have worked for them.

That might have been a sales pitch. They arent gona tell him we take people cash and fuuk off with it.

If it was my money I wouldnt use them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

My friend seemed to be very impressed by other members accounts of how Instant Access have worked for them.

I'm sure that was the plan. Are you familiar with how those so-cheap-I-can't-belive-it auctioneering scams work? Or do you believe people on infomercials to be completely impartial?

I'm not saying this is the level these guys are on, but this doesn't sit right with me. By the way, there was an accusation on the original link I provided that "the main guy behind it is barred as a director due to leaving unpaid debts in previous companies". Do you want to hand over €10,000 to him?

Remember, some people make money off Pyramid schemes too. Just be careful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

When I say 'other members accounts of how IAP worked for them' I meant people that he met at seminars, as opposed to those member quotes they stick on to the end of brochures etc.

I am as sceptical as you guys are towards the whole thing, but any concern I raised with my friend he seems to have been able to reassure me that its all legit.

I'm more posting out of his interest rather than mine at this stage because I would be slow to get involved before I at least see how it works out for him.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Cianos wrote:

When I say 'other members accounts of how IAP worked for them' I meant people that he met at seminars, as opposed to those member quotes they stick on to the end of brochures etc.

They could be plants.

Anything that seems to good to be true usually isnt. If there was one or two people not happy then I'd be less sceptical but if every one thinks its brilliant I would be thinking its too good to be true

Advertisement