Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Radiator & LCD TV

• 22-01-2007 2:26pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Finally got into check my flat out only to find that their was a radiator in a placed i did think it would be. See image above.

While I probably know the answer all ready is it a good idea to put an LCD above a radiator?

Also if you werent going to chase the wall what other options do you have for hiding the cables?

I was thinking of maybe a good quality electrical conduit if such a thing exisits

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 520 ✭✭✭5h4mr0(k

How about moving the radiator over behind the door?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

5h4mr0(k wrote:
    How about moving the radiator over behind the door?

I'm not sure if its possible. If it is I'd do that but its a brand new place and I dont want to be doing that kind of work if it doesnt need to be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 520 ✭✭✭5h4mr0(k

From looking at the photo it shouldn't be too hard to do it. It's only screwed to the floor. Would probably just need longer power leads. Talk to the electrician that did the job. If he's still working on the site then he could probably do it pretty quick for you. He'd also have a good idea about moving cables etc. to the place you want - since he'll already know where they've been dropped down.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

5h4mr0(k wrote:
    From looking at the photo it shouldn't be too hard to do it. It's only screwed to the floor. Would probably just need longer power leads. Talk to the electrician that did the job. If he's still working on the site then he could probably do it pretty quick for you. He'd also have a good idea about moving cables etc. to the place you want - since he'll already know where they've been dropped down.

My dads an electrician so I'm gona get him to have a look at it next time he's free.

Will also try and get the builders to move it if I can. I'm meant to be snagging next week and I dont want to hold it up

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭coreilly1

Just on the builders and new apartments thing. There's some really braindead ones out there - Mate was havin a look at his apartment before the snag,They had installed the NTL junction box,socket and phone line about 3/4 way up the wall expecting he would be buying a brand new LCD for the new gaff.When he told them he was keeping his CRT tv their reply was - "Ah sure just put a picture up infront of the junction box!"

• Advertisement
Advertisement