Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are XBox Live Gold codes Region Specific?

• 22-01-2007 3:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

If you buy an XBox Live Gold card in the States will it only work for a GamerTag registered in the States?

I just checked and Amazon.com are selling these for $39.99 (approx €30) for a 12 month membership. That's about half the price we'd have to pay here in Europe.

Nice one if it'd work, but would suck if you spend the $39.99 only to realise that you still have to stump up €60 to play online for a year.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Hey all,

If you buy an XBox Live Gold card in the States will it only work for a GamerTag registered in the States?

I just checked and Amazon.com are selling these for $39.99 (approx €30) for a 12 month membership. That's about half the price we'd have to pay here in Europe.

Nice one if it'd work, but would suck if you spend the $39.99 only to realise that you still have to stump up €60 to play online for a year.

Thanks in advance.

I used an EU code on a American gamertag and it worked fine but an EU points card didn't work.

I'm 99% sure that the xbox live subscription cards work regardless of region and the microsoft points cards are region specific.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Julez

Yeah, 100% sure they'll work! Try ebay.COM too, some people will just email to you too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Can anybody recommend a seller from past experience?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Try http://stores.ebay.ie/kikaenterprises-electronics-store

They have 12 months + 1 month free but according to them these only work in the US.

I bought an ordinary 12 month sub and it worked fine. They emailed it on very quickly and it cost exactly €29.58.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

Bought my gold membership from a U.S. Seller on eBay, so they should work.

Points however are region specific it seems.

• Advertisement
Advertisement