Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football tours company

Options
  • 22-01-2007 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Hi All

I am currently thinking of setting up a company with a good friend of mine. The company we will be setting up will run package tours for English Premiership games. Im currently only starting to look into this idea so it could be at least a year down the line yet before anything is set up. Basically im looking for advice on setting up a company like this. Whats the best way to get bulk tickets for games? Any tips on setting up a website? Or even anyone who knows anything about this business please reply.

Thanks in advance
    Mark

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭pjbrady1

Maybe the best club to approach would be Reading.
    Football clubs ticket office will deal with package tours companies especially if they want to fill up the stadium. Readings new Irish signings will have sparked interest in the club. It's now a club people are watching out for.

However you would need a large volume of tickets for different clubs as the margin is still quite low. I know cousin went from Dublin to Manchester, back again two nights accomodation, match tickets, bus tour to shopping centre all in for 300 euro.
    That was a large tour company who can afford to only make a final year margin on football tours of 10 - 20%. It could not be much more than that given all the expenses due.
    Your company will only have football tours, one million of sales would only leave you with 100,000 or 200,000 profit. Taxed at 12%. Then split the profits down the middle. Significant risk for what would be a probable small return.
    Thats 3,333 packages at 300 euro each. Might be easier businesses to make money at. Your football tours will have to cover all of your business expenses not directly involved with match weekend expenses.
    Website, Accountant, Advertising, Phone, ESB, Gas, Rent. Thats alot of tours to pay just for those expenses.

Quite a tough business. Larger companies might attempt to finish you off in your first year as well. Dropping their prices on games you have tickets for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Bear in mind football fans like myself simply prefer to book ourselves, I can't imagine any time where I'd go to a tour company. With t'internet thingy, it really is so easy to just book and go. You get to know the local hotels and where to find the best room rates.

If you're dealing with the big clubs and can get your mits on tickets for high demand games, you would do well but otherwise I personally would have reservations about whether such a venture would be worthwhile.

Advertisement