Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dyson Airblade

• 22-01-2007 5:46pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else used this contraption? I saw it when i was in the dundrum centre over the weekend, apparently it dries your hands in 10 seconds and uses much less power than an ordinary hand drier. Unfortunately i'd already dried my hands with the old fashioned one before I saw the Dyson.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I saw Dyson demonstrating it on the Late Late show a while back. It looks pretty cool and how it works is fairly interesting. And they can't be as bad as the ones knocking about now that just blow the water onto your trousers (at least that's how I explain the wet patch :o )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Enright

There one in the toilets off the main hall of the RDS
    During the full week that i was there i got to use it about 5 times. Must say that i was impressed, whilst i didnt time myself, it took more that the 10 secs. I had to place my hand in twice, mabye this was because i withdrew them too quickly.

Overall, i was well impressed, hope thay last longer that the vacuum cleaners made under the same name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

Enright wrote:
    There one in the toilets off the main hall of the RDS
    Think I know the one you mean, the one where you put your hands down into it? Probably not describing that too well. Worked great, the normal ones take ages to get you completely dry. Then one day it was out of order.

Edit: Just googled it, it's the one I thought, link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

I saw something like this in the Gents Toilets at Stansted Airport last June, it gave a massive fairly fast blow of air which dried my hands in seconds much more efficient. It was like an ordinary hand drier except the air was blown so much faster through a narrower opening. Claimed to be very energy efficient, green etc. Anybody else see these in Stansted ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Those arms holes look way too small if you had a coat or anything on.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

i saw that setup in stansted when i was there last

(i'm really not a hand-drier anorack)

Advertisement