Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

in love again or just a wee bit horny?

• 22-01-2007 5:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi going unreg for this.

My Boyfriend of two years broke up with me two months ago. I thought at the time he wasn't really sure what he was doing and I had a feeling he'd change his mind.

So anyway since last week he's been trying to win me back, but my friends say he's probably just interested in having sex. I'm so mad about him and its so hard to stay away from him,,,,but i'm not a walkover. Would a guy really get back with a girl just for sex? I'm 24 and he's 29 by the way....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

You like him.. he likes you.. what's the big deal ?
    TK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

If it's important to you that sex is only part of a relationship then why not make him "court" you again. If he's just horny, he will not last the cinema trips and dinner dates.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Tha doctor sez:
    "Yeah don't give it all away right away honey. See how far he'll go for you before you bump uglies.
    Mmhmm."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

thats not a bad idea,....the "courting" thing.

and yeah, i'm mad about him and he seems to want to be with me....but its the second time we've broken up and both times have been due to him.....how many times do you go back for more.....and are you a complete walkover if you do.......?

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭littlesurfer

yeah maybe,...how many times do you want to be broken up with

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

Unreg222 wrote:
    thats not a bad idea,....the "courting" thing.

and yeah, i'm mad about him and he seems to want to be with me....but its the second time we've broken up and both times have been due to him.....how many times do you go back for more.....and are you a complete walkover if you do.......?
    You friends could be right or they really do not like him. You need to look back at the times you made up with him. Was it always leading back to sex?
    Know why he left you before? Is he making the same mistakes or playing you? He could be going back to you to fill time before finding something better. You need to be patience. It is hard but change things this time because we all do the same routine, be aware of you reaction and feelings. He knows you like him for you keep going back to him. Let us know how the courting thing is going ;) It is a very good idea. If you are unsure if his intentions, then let him wait. One year should do the trick :eek only joking, but you do need time to test his intention. I know you have your own needs too, but in the end it is your heart is on the line here. Age is not a big deal. He should be more mature at 29 or he just used to getting everything he wants, therefore does not want to change.

Basically what I am saying does he love you or love having sex with your body?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

If it's important to you that sex is only part of a relationship then why not make him "court" you again. If he's just horny, he will not last the cinema trips and dinner dates.

So true, you'll soon know if it's just for sex. You need to ask yourself why he is dumping you and then trying to win you back though. It's not a healthy cycle to get into and will damage your self-esteem. Is there someone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Don't have sex with him for awhile and see if he's still interested in a few weeks time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,353 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Courting might be a solution, but you really need to find out why he continues to break up with you.

I disagree with all the 'nay sayers'. Forget this courting business - it will
    only take YOUR time to find out the answer to your question.

You've done 'it' before with him in the past - so, I don't see why U shouldn't make a test and make the rumpy pumpy business with him again. As soon as possible. Then, see if he is still interested in U afterwards. If he is - great. Problem solved - one way or the other.

• Advertisement

okay...but after i make "rumpy pumpy" with him,...if thats what he wanted he wins,...and me i'm landing myself back at least two months....that going to be another two months of getting over him to deal with. That was seriously the most awful, depressing two months of my life... I don't want to have to do it again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Unreg222 wrote:
    Would a guy really get back with a girl just for sex?
    If you really don't 100% know the answer to this about a guy you've been so close with for two years, then yeah, he probably is just trying for a ride.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Unreg222 wrote:
    okay...but after i make "rumpy pumpy" with him,...if thats what he wanted he wins,...and me i'm landing myself back at least two months....that going to be another two months of getting over him to deal with. That was seriously the most awful, depressing two months of my life... I don't want to have to do it again

This bloke is not the only bloke on planet earth love. Seriously, why put yourself through it again?:confused: He's obviously using you until something better comes along. Tell him where to go and get on with your own life. Going on his past behaviour, as soon as he gets you into the sack again he'll dump you anyway. Sorry to be harsh but it's like you are a child you keeps putting a hairdryer in a bath of water for the thrill of the electric shock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Shinners23

I'm sorry to have to say this ...but I'm currently in the same situation. He is definately just after sex. Sorry - Move on and you'll look back in a couple of months and wonder why you gave it a second thought!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

NeMiSiS wrote:
    You like him.. he likes you.. what's the big deal ?
    TK

Exactly

If he just wanted sex that badly I gaurentee he'd find someone faster and easier then hounding yourself

Also, if he does find someone else just for sex, it may lead to more...so nip it in the bud!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Unreg222 wrote:

Well, remember that you broke up with him for a reason. Did he change after the first time you got back together? Or the second? Will he change after the third break-up? The fourth? In the end, it's what you think is right, but if you have doubts, then find the root of them before jumping into anything.

thanks for all the advice.....have to say i think i'm more confused now.....but think i'm going to just walk away from it at this stage.....it can't be worth this much heartache ..and like i said too months of dealing this has to be enough!!! hopefully it will go away...and maybe if i'm lucky in a couple of months it'll be old news......and thanks for that hairdrier analagy miss fluff.......but i think it might be worse than the thrill of the shock....i think i might have been needy enough to put up with the shock!

Advertisement