Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Obtaining a 0818 (national rate/universal access) number

Options
  • 22-01-2007 6:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭

I would like to get a 0818 number for my business.

What are my options? I've looked at BT Ireland so far, and they charge nearly €300 initially, and €5 a month after that.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

budget telecom were fairly cheap for these

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Cheers Sponge Bob. I've contacted them. :)

They do offer 0818 numbers without a setup or monthly charge, however they don't offer the option to forward to a mobile. Also can't forward to multiple phones should this ever be needed. That's not a biggie, but not being able to forward to a mobile is.

Hmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Magic Pips

An 0818 number is pretty much free to run, although if you decide to forward to a mobile you will incur costs, as the cost of switching the call via eircom/the networks costs money!

If, you want to forward calls onto a mobile long term, you should look at using a 1520/1530 premium number, which would help cover those switching costs mentioned.

Otherwise just use a normal number!

BT Ireland don't charge any extra to forward a 0818 number to a mobile.

• Advertisement

BT Ireland don't charge any extra to forward a 0818 number to a mobile.
    "they charge nearly €300 initially, and €5 a month after that."

Is this the full T's & C's?

You hypothetically could get an 0818 number for free, from a service provider, providing you put enough minutage through it they would make money - the problem occurs when using a mobile is it costs something like 20c per minute to the operator to connect an 0818 to a mobile...

Heres a link to the COMREG numbering allocation listing, if you need a specific number...

you could try Colt Telecom also: http://www.colt.net/ie/en

I don't have a problem paying extra to forward to a mobile, I was simply stating that Budget Telecom don't offer this service at all, payment or no payment.

BT Ireland, on the other hand, don't care if you forward to a mobile or landline number, and don't charge you any extra for either.

Merely pointing out the offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Where did the 300 quid figure come from?

I've made 2 calls in the last month to BT, and setup is free, with €5/mo rental. The 2nd person did go off somewhere to check. They don't, however, terminate to a mobile (fee or no fee).

Have you anywhere else worth trying?

cgarvey wrote:
    Where did the 300 quid figure come from?

I've made 2 calls in the last month to BT, and setup is free, with €5/mo rental. The 2nd person did go off somewhere to check. They don't, however, terminate to a mobile (fee or no fee).

Have you anywhere else worth trying?

I have worked with these numbers, if you are directing the number back to a local/national number you EARN money... not much like a cent p/min or so...

It will cost you money to switch to a mobile FACT

Advertisement