Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Small Bug] Youtube vids overlap DHTML menu!

Options
  • 22-01-2007 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭

During a vid test I noticed that the dropdown menus stay behind the videos. Quite like what we had a few months back with the banner advert.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Pfft, Sparky, do you ever have something positive to say?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Do I sense some resistance here?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,992 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Spanky-s wrote:
    Do I sense some resistance here?

Use your finger first!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Stark wrote:
    Use your finger first!
    Lol! Filthy...

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

wow... one of the fastest derailments of a thread EVAR....

Can you link me up an example? This problem has a certain Eau-De-Talliesin about it, he's got the big brain of HTML you see.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

css z-index maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Unfortunately, there are some elements which browsers on some operating systems (just which elements and under which conditions varies from browser to browser) will always place at the z-index "top", no matter what z-index the CSS says it should have. This is because it uses a different window to render it (in Windows not just the things we normally call "windows" are windows, but a lot of other controls too - similar issues may or may not apply to other WIMPy shells in other operating systems in different ways) and that window isn't a lightweight window, so it isn't very good at hiding bits of itself when it should.

I'm trying to remember if I ever found a better solution than just hiding all such elements that could be near a pop-up menu when the pop-up was being displayed. I may have, but it's been a while since I dealt with that sort of code.

Advertisement