Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fx5200 coming up as GF4...

Options
  • 22-01-2007 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

I have an Fx5200 here generously donated to me from a boards member to replace a 9600Pro I've had a frustrating time with.

So I put in the 5200, install drivers and....it comes up as a Geforce 4Mx440? I don't understand this. It's definately an fx5200, my friend even has the exact same one in his machine. I've tried modded and forceware drivers, but still the same thing. winXP picks it up as 'Geforce 4mx plug and play' before I install drivers.

So now no games will start as they detect a GFMX which isn't compatiable with nearly every remotely new game...

Any help...please? Driving me nuts...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

What does Rivatuner say ?

The chips codename should show up as NV34 if it is indeed a real FX5200

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Well what do you know it is actually a MX440. NV18.

but the weirdest thing? It's virtually identical to the fx5200 board.....compared it to my friends fx5200, and they're almost indistinguishable! I used to have an MX440 years ago and it looked about as different to this one as you could get, that combined with the fact its identical to an fx5200 had me convinced...

thanks for that 8t8...

Advertisement