Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What most of us think about Jade

Options
  • 22-01-2007 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭

I didn't write this Tony Parsons from the Mirror today did but it pretty sums up what I think

JADE'S TALENT FOR PIG IGNORANCE BACKFIRES

22 January 2007

IF Jade Goody tells us anything about the state of the nation, then it is that the pig ignorant are, and always will be, with us.

Why all the surprise that the nation's favourite moron turns out to be a racist? She has built a career on all the things she doesn't know. She is stupid about everything else - why should she be intelligent about race?

If the woman doesn't know that a ferret is not a bird, and if she doesn't know that Rio de Janeiro is not the Manchester United centre half, then why should the stupid cow know that casual, cruel, pea-brained racism is no longer acceptable in this country?

In the Britain of my youth, you could get away with cracks about Pakis and poppadoms on primetime TV. No more, and thank God for that. It has nothing to do with political correctness and everything to do with human decency.

But why should someone who made a career out of pig ignorance know anything about basic human decency?

It is not true that Jade Goody has no talent. She is the Picasso of the dumb remark. She is the Mozart of the brain-dead observation. She has a genius for extreme stupidity. So why on earth would you expect a professional thicko to have intelligent views on the subject of race?

It was appalling to see Jade and her two disgusting mates - women so coarse they make the Fat Slags in Viz look like Audrey Hepburn - bullying a woman who has more beauty, more grace and more charm in one toenail than Jade Goody, Danielle Lloyd and Jo O'Meara have in their entire lives. But was it really a surprise?

Jade made a mint out of being a fat, uneducated dummy. Do we really expect a fat, uneducated dummy to become best mates with the likes of Shilpa Shetty?

TOO posh for our Jade. Too pretty. Too educated. Too brown. Not enough effing and blinding and shouting - in Jade's tiny brain, a sure sign that you are "real"

The racism of Danielle Lloyd was far more sickeningly overt than the racism of Jade.

Wasn't it rich when Danielle complained that she "didn't know where Shilpa's hands have been"? This from a woman whose major claim to fame is sleeping with Teddy Sheringham when he was judging a beauty contest she won.

Where has your filthy mouth been, ducky?

But the Notorious P.I.G. was the ringleader of the bullying.

Jade enabled her spiteful followers to get a whiff of the blood of their victim and encouraged them to move in for the kill.

You can blame Channel 4 for giving Jade a platform for her racism, her bullying and her rabid, unrestrained rage - which was, perhaps, the most alarming sight of all. But we are all responsible for Jade Goody. Because she was genuinely funny when she talked about "escape goats", and we all laughed. Jade's rank stupidity was a hoot back when she thought that East Angular was abroad.

It was never going to be quite so entertaining when she was confronted with an Indian woman who has everything she so clearly lacks, from beauty to family values to religious beliefs to education to charm.

The crass cracks about "Shilpa Poppadom" were never going to go down as well as Jade's old material.

What once amused us now turns our stomachs. Uneducated thickos are like that. In the end they reveal their true nature - all that bile, all that cruelty, all the selfpitying sanctimonious rubbish about being "real". It is not pretty.

The country has come out of it well. The man and woman in the street are simply not prepared to ignore or tolerate the ugliness of Jade Goody's attitudes. Racism, bullying - you are never going to get rid of it, but that doesn't mean we should learn to live with it.

It is clear that people of every creed and colour hate Jade Goody and her cronies.

In their snickering, hateful faces you see the ghost of every bully who ever picked on someone a bit different in playground or park.

The racism sprang quite naturally from the bullying, and the bullying flowed from the spite and resentment that fools always feel for someone who is not the same as them.

The good news is that the careers of the wicked witches are effectively over now.

Jade Goody, Jo O'Meara, Danielle Lloyd - I have the feeling that nobody is going to buy whatever 10th-rate crap you are selling.

Jade's perfume is called Shh... and they will have to put an "it" on the end of that now.

We have had Jade's tearful confessions and expressions of remorse.

NEXT I wager we will be asked to believe that, despite all the evidence of our eyes, ears and common sense, Jade is not really a bully because she was a victim of bullying and she's not a racist because her father is of mixed race.

But we have watched her bullying and it doesn't matter if she is part Martian - every race in the world is capable of racism. They even have it in India.

Jade can give as many selfpitying interviews as she likes, but she can't hide the fact that she is overflowing with the unthinking, poisonous bigotry that was once everywhere in this country.

Overt racism has now largely been confined to the dark corners of society, to the gutter and the sewer.

But it still exists.

And it will always be with us - but that doesn't mean we have to give it its very own TV show. No more excuses, no more apologies, no more career. The princess of pig ignorance is a disgrace to her race.

The human race.

Jade Goody can go away now.:D :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

tbh I don't think shes racist, just a complete fukin idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Hard Larry

She's a spanner alright. Never agreed with The Mirror before. I'm nearly 99% I remember them branding all the Irish as terrorist's and I would reckon you could count on one hand the amount of days that Jade Goody WASN'T mentioned in their rag.
    I think it's absoloutly hilarious that the program that made her also broke her. Can't really blame Big Bro or Channel 4 for anything they just kept the cameras rolling while the girls kept mouthing off.
    With a bit of luck this is the beginning of the end for 'Chav' culture.

PS Bingo I just saw the tags at the top of the page...lmao!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

More sour grapes from the media.

Sky news are no longer on a witch hunt because jade sold her story to the news of the world, which is part of the murdoch empire, and the mirror would have jumped at the chance to get that interview.
    Hard Larry wrote:
    She's a spanner alright. Never agreed with The Mirror before. I'm nearly 99% I remember them branding all the Irish as terrorist's and I would reckon you could count on one hand the amount of days that Jade Goody WASN'T mentioned in their rag.
    I believe the headline was "Irish scum" or "Irish bastards", but i'm not sure if it was the sun or the mirror. six of one.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,281 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

i don't really think her ignorance should be the main issue it's not like it's an excuse for the way she acted, the article sounds about right, apart from not mentioning jack, but to be honest papers like the mirror that are slagging her off calling her a pig are as bad a jade, just trying to rip into her her more than the next paper like the sun reporting shes suicidal. i guess at least the news of the worlds 100000 pounds for the jade interview will go to charity

i do wonder though are the news stories about teddy dumping danielle true, watching her in the house it like watching a car crash, or waiting for one

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

I don't think she's a racist whatsoever. It wasn't like she came into the house, saw Shilpa and straight away started making racist comments towards her. She got to know her, didn't like her for whatever reason as didn't a number of other girls in the house and then personalities clashed.
    If I were to go into the house and something similar was to happen me, I have no doubt that I would be called a paddy or whatever. I wouldn't see that as racism but merely picking a particular character trait which makes me different and using that to bully. In the same vein, if I had big ears, spoke funny I'm sure a bully would use that to isolate/chastise me......Jade bullied Shipa, no arguments there but a racist....no.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Poppy84

I think enough is enough this saga has gon on way too long!!!

Although i disagree with the treatment of Shilpa I feel sorry for Jade!!!

Sicne leaving the house she has had desperate time of it and now the reasons why she was kicked out the reasons why the public dont like her she is being subject to herself. She is being bullied by the media she has apologised on national TV but it seems the public are not going to be happy until they se her broke and in the gutter.

How would any of you feel if this was your sister your mother your daughter? At the end of the day, regardless of her level of intelligence, she is a human being and deserves the treatment of a human.

In the oustside world she is the "shilpa" and the media and anyone who bad mouths her etc is "Jade".

I say enough is enough, let her get on with her life and lets all not turn into the very thing that everyone is up in arms over.....a BULLY!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭shmaido

fletch wrote:
    I don't think she's a racist whatsoever. It wasn't like she came into the house, saw Shilpa and straight away started making racist comments towards her. She got to know her, didn't like her for whatever reason as didn't a number of other girls in the house and then personalities clashed.
    If I were to go into the house and something similar was to happen me, I have no doubt that I would be called a paddy or whatever. I wouldn't see that as racism but merely picking a particular character trait which makes me different and using that to bully. In the same vein, if I had big ears, spoke funny I'm sure a bully would use that to isolate/chastise me......Jade bullied Shipa, no arguments there but a racist....no.

I think your right there, I rather see her as more of a "culturist" (if I may be so bold as to twist the meaning of a word) what I mean is that she didn't quite do the classic racist thing which was to point out that "I'm white(or enter own race), your not white(same again), therefore you're genetically inferior to me and I'm going to tell you this every opportunity I can". Rather what I saw she did was, as with every bully, try to debase her victim personally (more nasty than racism in my books) and culturally, as in my culture of swearing and general nastiness is better than your well spoken & dignified culture(with references to the indian culture itself) cus mine is more "real". But there in lies the confusion as the line between culture and race can be quite blurred and more often than not is seen as the same.

Jade Goody; small?petty?ignorant?b1tch? &bully? and the new one "culturist"? - most definitely yes

Jade Goody; racist? - no

Question is: is it still acceptable sans racism

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Poppy84 wrote:
    I think enough is enough this saga has gon on way too long!!!

How would any of you feel if this was your sister your mother your daughter? At the end of the day, regardless of her level of intelligence, she is a human being and deserves the treatment of a human.

In the oustside world she is the "shilpa" and the media and anyone who bad mouths her etc is "Jade".

I say enough is enough, let her get on with her life and lets all not turn into the very thing that everyone is up in arms over.....a BULLY!!!!

She is being reprimanded for her disgusting behaviour and comments, she is not an innocent victim. Thats the difference between her and Shilpa.

Tony Parsons has is spot on in that article. However I agree its going on a bit too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

fletch wrote:
    If I were to go into the house and something similar was to happen me, I have no doubt that I would be called a paddy or whatever. I wouldn't see that as racism but merely picking a particular character trait which makes me different and using that to bully. In the same vein, if I had big ears, spoke funny I'm sure a bully would use that to isolate/chastise me...
    Not sure where you are going with this?

I get the impression that you think this kind of behavior is acceptable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Poppy84

She is being reprimanded for her disgusting behaviour and comments, she is not an innocent victim. Thats the difference between her and Shilpa.QUOTE]

She has been reprimanded for her behaviour but the continous ridicule and names that she is being called is disgraceful behaviour it is in essence bullying her. Its not going to stop until there is blood.

And as I said earlier imagine it was someone you loved who made this mistake you wouldnt condone the insults she is getting.

I personally think the behaviour we are seeing is bullying to punish bullying when will it stop when she commits suicide shes already on anti depresents....i really feel sorry for her kids!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 lounge_lizard

As I saw it, dannielle said 'She should feck off home' now was that to mean back home to indiq, or home to her UK home? I'm not sure if she has one, but sky news interviewed her agent the other night and she was from Reading, which is about 35 miles from London and has one of the biggest ethnic populations outside of the smoke.

Also as BB is supossed to relflect society, is it just because these are 'celebraties' that we are being a little over the top? What if the public version had done it?

Housemates wern't keen on Ken Russell, or Jonny Turrette, were they pushed out or did they really jump? I am from the UK and have had some snide remarks about being english from a guy who works for the social, I confronted him about it and he said he didn't mean his remarks to be interpreted as having a dig.

But I have only had that from him, all other irish people I have met like the english. I think there is more anti-english in the north, and I sympathise with them. I was actually in the army for 12 years and did 2 tours in the north, a lot of us didn't agree we should have been there but of course couldn't say so.

Are we guilty of racisism for gloating over saddams death and posting the video and watching it? At the end of the day Jade, and the rest are human like the rest of us, (well maybe not!?) they make mistakes like us.

Look at the furore with charles and cammilla, I hate her, and people said he will not become king because he divourced diana, he's only human and people get divourced all the time, so why should he be different. But that's for a different thread!

If shilpa wins it will be for the wrong reasons and i agree dirk should/could win it.

Take it sleazy!

dSTAR wrote:
    Not sure where you are going with this?

I get the impression that you think this kind of behavior is acceptable.
    No I don't think her behavior was for one moment acceptable but to brand her a racist I think is a bit extreme. She and Shilpa could not relate to each other and were from completely different backgrounds and it is that difference that I think caused such a conflict. It had nothing to do with the fact that Shilpa is Indian but the fact that she is accustomed to a certain way of life, one which Jade evidently is not and resented her for IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ravenhead

She is being reprimanded for her disgusting behaviour and comments, she is not an innocent victim. Thats the difference between her and Shilpa.

Tony Parsons has is spot on in that article. However I agree its going on a bit too long.

Sorry but did you just say that Shilpa Shetty was innocent of any wrong doing in all this??? Let me guess, you're one of the people that started watching after the fights started????
    Less then 5 mins after the Goody's arrived in the house, Shilpa was in the bedroom referring to them as 'THOSE PEOPLE' to Jermaine, her exact words were 'I can't speak to THOSE PEOPLE'! the only difference between Jade & Shilpa is that Shilpa was cute about what she was saying, & Jade didn't have the commen sense to keep her mouth shut.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Poppy84 wrote:
    How would any of you feel if this was your sister your mother your daughter?
    Extremely embarrassed.

ravenhead wrote:
    Sorry but did you just say that Shilpa Shetty was innocent of any wrong doing in all this??? Let me guess, you're one of the people that started watching after the fights started????

Less then 5 mins after the Goody's arrived in the house, Shilpa was in the bedroom referring to them as 'THOSE PEOPLE' to Jermaine, her exact words were 'I can't speak to THOSE PEOPLE'! the only difference between Jade & Shilpa is that Shilpa was cute about what she was saying, & Jade didn't have the commen sense to keep her mouth shut.

I watched it from the very first night.

Less than 5 mins after the Goodys arrived (on the televised show, good knows how long this actually took) Shilpa and Jermaine had a conversation in the toilet. I remember Jermaine saying that he would walk out as they would do his head, I dont recall Shilpa using the term "those people". But I will use this term; scumbags.

Those scumbags would do my head in, and it turned out did the nations head in.

I watched it from the very first night.

Less than 5 mins after the Goodys arrived (on the televised show, good knows how long this actually took) Shilpa and Jermaine had a conversation in the toilet. I remember Jermaine saying that he would walk out as they would do his head, I dont recall Shilpa using the term "those people". But I will use this term; scumbags.

Those scumbags would do my head in, and it turned out did the nations head in.

I wouldn't be the biggest fan of Jade Goody but I don't agree with anyone calling her a scumbag, that girl has alot to be proud of for what she made of herself after big brother. I completely agree that she needs to do something about her temper but in all fairness NOBODY has the right to call her a scumbag, after everything that girl has had to deal with in her life she deserves a little bit of understanding, No it's no excuse for the way that she spoke to Shilpa but Shilpa is a nasty piece of work herself & alot of people seem to have been fooled by the way she looks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

ravenhead wrote:
    No it's no excuse for the way that she spoke to Shilpa but Shilpa is a nasty piece of work herself & alot of people seem to have been fooled by the way she looks.

Actually, that puts me in mind of an article I read recently (can't recall where unfortunately). The writer questioned whether Danielle Lloyd would get the same harsh treatment for her comments and behaviour towards Shilpa Shetty when she leaves the house because the public tend to be more forgiving if you have '"a pretty face" or something along those lines. I can't really imagine she's really going to get away with much but it is fair to say a lot of the tabloids/magazines damning Jade are making unkind references to her physical appearance (pig etc.) and saying the bullying is based on jealousy of Shilpa's looks (for one thing). The media approach with Danielle will surely be a bit different as she's a model and (I'd imagine) is considered attractive by many. Her intellectual ability (or lack thereof) will be forefront though I'm sure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

ravenhead wrote:
    Shilpa is a nasty piece of work herself & alot of people seem to have been fooled by the way she looks.
    She's a nasty piece of work
    for instinctively disliking the kind of people she saw? Well everyone does that. I can't talk to THOSE PEOPLE because they look and act like a bunch of loud mouthed chavs? Did she became loud and rude and confrontational? How is she a nasty piece of work? She provoked Jade and the gang did she? Only crap, are you like Jade's #1 fan?

CodeMonkey wrote:
    She's a nasty piece of work
    for instinctively disliking the kind of people she saw? Well everyone does that. I can't talk to THOSE PEOPLE because they look and act like a bunch of loud mouthed chavs? Did she became loud and rude and confrontational? How is she a nasty piece of work? She provoked Jade and the gang did she? Only crap, are you like Jade's #1 fan?

No as I said in my posts already, I wouldn't be a great fan of Jades, I just don't agree with the way people are treating her. It's obvious to anyone that's watched the show that the reason Jade took a dislike to Shilpa is because Shilpa made little of her mother from the first night they arrived in the house. Yes I know the Goody's may not be the most classy people but that doesn't take away from the first going's on within the house. If you can remember back to the first week with Jade in the diary room crying about the situation you will understand where her dislike for shilpa came from, but as Jade herself put it, it's ok for Jade to say something about her mother but not for someone else to do it, afterall no matter what Jackie is her mother. This witch hunt of Jade Goody is VERY SAD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Aldini98

Anyone that comes on here and says they "feel sorry for Jade" are more stupid than she is. HOW can you feel sorry for someone as stupid as her that is worth 8 million sterling. I BLOODY WELL CANT. Hope she disappears forever

• Advertisement

Aldini98 wrote:
    Anyone that comes on here and says they "feel sorry for Jade" are more stupid than she is. HOW can you feel sorry for someone as stupid as her that is worth 8 million sterling. I BLOODY WELL CANT. Hope she disappears forever

Very well said. Especially since someone went to the trouble of posting Tony Parsons article who put it superbly.

Aldini98 wrote:

I don't feel sorry for her - she should have kept her bloody mouth shut, I just can't believe that some people are so stupid to be swayed by the way somebody looks so much that they could call that person an innocent victim when in fact it was that persons own actions that caused the problem in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

ravenhead wrote:
    This witch hunt of Jade Goody is VERY SAD.

I agree, which is why this article is so ironic (particularly coming from the Mirror, that bastion of good taste).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

The Mirror was one of the first tabloids to go after Jade in BB3. And I think that they were the first to use the Miss Piggy taunts. However, as soon as they realised that she'd be leaving the house soon and that her story as a "victim" would sell newspapers they went on a charm offensive to try and butter her up (urghhh, Jade buttered up!) to get the exclusive story. It's what the tabloids do.

Thing about Jade is that it's very hard to feel sorry for her. For the last God knows how many years she's courted the press to her own (consideral) personal gain despite having no discernable talent whatsoever. And everybody knows that it's a very dangerous game to play with the English tabloids. It's a cliche, but they do build people up to knock them down.

If she had any sense (yes I'm aware of the irony) she would've just done the Big Brother interview when she was evicted and then one more with a tv station (so as not to alienate all the tabloids by just choosing one) and then she should've cut her losses by staying out of the public eye for the next long while. Of course she's not going to do that, she's makes too much money for an awful lot of people, Tabloids, Women's Magazines, TV Stations, Agents so of course her advisors are gonna tell her to try ride the storm of adverse publicity.

Aldini98 wrote:
    You sound very jealous of her success to me...pathetic really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

fletch wrote:
    No I don't think her behavior was for one moment acceptable but to brand her a racist I think is a bit extreme...
    Racism can come in many different guises. It can be overtly (explicit) racism such as saying you (insert nationality here) biatch or implied such as f-ck off back home you dog. You can't have a situation where certain behavior is acceptable and the other is branded racism. Same goes for bullying, sexism, sexual harassment and other forms or prejudice.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Housemates wern't keen on Ken Russell, or Jonny Turrette, were they pushed out or did they really jump? I am from the UK and have had some snide remarks about being english from a guy who works for the social, I confronted him about it and he said he didn't mean his remarks to be interpreted as having a dig.

But I have only had that from him, all other irish people I have met like the english. I think there is more anti-english in the north, and I sympathise with them. I was actually in the army for 12 years and did 2 tours in the north, a lot of us didn't agree we should have been there but of course couldn't say so.
    Seeing as you have had experience on both sides of the fence, I'm sure you can spot a scumbag when you see one. I'm also fairly sure you had your fair share of racial abuse while serving up there.
    Most people in the south don't really give a flying **** about where you are from.
    Are we guilty of racisism for gloating over saddams death and posting the video and watching it? At the end of the day Jade, and the rest are human like the rest of us, (well maybe not!?) they make mistakes like us.
    I don't know about you, but I didn't gloat over the death of saddam. I thought it was probably the worst thing that could have happened as it will make him a martyr, and if there is one thing Irish people know about, it's martyrs. look at what happened in 1916 when the british executed the leaders of the rising.
    I can see where you are coming from, what with you being a british soldier and having feeling empathy towards your fellow soldiers.

Look at the furore with charles and cammilla, I hate her, and people said he will not become king because he divourced diana, he's only human and people get divourced all the time, so why should he be different. But that's for a different thread!
    The funny thing is, henry viii started his own church after being refused a (third?) divorce by the then pope and the queen is now the head of that church. strange how times change.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

dSTAR wrote:
    Racism can come in many different guises. It can be overtly (explicit) racism such as saying you (insert nationality here) biatch or implied such as f-ck off back home you dog. You can't have a situation where certain behavior is acceptable and the other is branded racism. Same goes for bullying, sexism, sexual harassment and other forms or prejudice.

To be honest I dont think that the unorginality of an insult such of "feck off you (insert nationality)" is racism. It's just unorginal and uninspiring. If all you can think to pick on is something so obvious as my accent, nationality or colour of skin then I'm not bothering to argue with you. If you actually want to attack something about me that matters, then I might entertain you.
    I recall from what I saw of "Jade's PA" the woman who won the role is of, er, foreign descent. Surely if Jade was truly racist she would only have hired a caucasian.

People are way too politically correct and sensitive these days. I think Jade is uneducated and rough and she was most definitely bullying in the BB house however she's being bullied now that she's out. How is this right?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

daiixi wrote:
    People are way too politically correct and sensitive these days. I think Jade is uneducated and rough and she was most definitely bullying in the BB house however she's being bullied now that she's out. How is this right?

Suppose some people just see it as some sort of Karma.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

Oh... so two wrongs make a right...

Advertisement