Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAR file?

Options
  • 22-01-2007 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭

I got a music RAR file from a cousin but it doesnt play* in media player and i dont know why?. I was wondering does anybody know how to convert a RAR file into something like an avi or an mp3 file so i can listen to it?

I dont even know what sort of file a .rar is?

* One or more unrecognized tracks have been added for payback. These tracks will not be added for playback

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

you need to download winrar or any program that opens .rar files

.rar files contain other files that are compressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Rar is a compression format.

http://www.rarlab.com/

get that and you'll be flying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

RAR is like Zip. The mp3 file is compressed inside it.

To extract the mp3, use WinRAR

www.rarlab.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

I use Extractnow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Thanks for all the helpful advice. I tried that and it worked a treat.Much obliged.

• Advertisement

Me again:o

Ive got a FLAC file and i'd like to extract the mp3 music files from this. Winrar doesnt work with this particular file. I was wondering what application would open and extract from a FLAC file?.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

FLAC isn't a compression format like RAR, its actually an audio format like MP3. You'll just need a media player that will play FLAC files. Try MediaMonkey: www.mediamonkey.com

Thanks cornbb that worked with no problems.

Advertisement