Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Golfing Holiday in the sun..

• 22-01-2007 8:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭

Has anyone here been on a golfing holiday to France/Spain/Portugal?

Any experiences you'd like to share? or anywhere you'd recommend?

I've been thinking about this for a while and basically the weather right now has pushed me over the edge!!!

I've been looking into the following:
    http://www.kingtravel.ie/cms/publish/golfing_so.shtml
    or several on http://golf.activitybreaks.com/?currency_mode=EUR

Where's gaurenteed to be hot and sunny around march?

Willy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

i was in portugal last year (october),the Vilamoura resort, played Millenium, Old Course and Victoria, got 5 nights b&b at 4* Dom Pedro Golf hotel plus flights with Aer Lingus all in 720, i'm sure you'll get cheaper than tha if you bok a different accom, or wait til closer and chance your arm, you'll still get a anice holiday just not the ability to plan it. I booked through a travel agent Pm if you want the address, not sure on regs regarding posting biz names.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Louise1

Check out our website www.provencegolfvillas.ie. Both villas are located beside a championship golf course designed by Seve Ballesteros and are also adjacent to a Pierre et Vacances holiday village. Any questions please let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

Went to Algarve last October.

Played two courses, the one where the Portuguese Open is (cant remember the name) and Victoria (Palmer Designed).

Stayed at Vila Sol in Villamoura.

Overall a lovely break and great golf.

S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Trampas

slumped wrote:
    Went to Algarve last October.

Played two courses, the one where the Portuguese Open is (cant remember the name) and Victoria (Palmer Designed).

Stayed at Vila Sol in Villamoura.

Overall a lovely break and great golf.

S

Was it Vale De Lobo or something like that.

It has a long par 3 across the rocks.

I have been to Portugal a couple of times.

Played some nice courses.

Was in September/October at though.

I use to do was freeze a bottle of water over night to have golfing the next day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭mccutchie

In March 2006, I played La Cala north and south in Marbella. Two fantastic courses that I would totally recommend. And March is a perfect time of year to play.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

Trampas wrote:
    Was it Vale De Lobo or something like that.

It has a long par 3 across the rocks.

I have been to Portugal a couple of times.

Played some nice courses.

Was in September/October at though.

I use to do was freeze a bottle of water over night to have golfing the next day.
    i think he means quinta de lago, we played there but were eaten alive by midgets

Advertisement