Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meteor bluetooth settings for TomTom One

• 22-01-2007 8:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi There
    can anybody help me with the bluetooth manual settings for my tomtom one for the Meteor phone company.
    There are options for vodafone and O2 but not for Meteor.
    I would like to use it with my phone but need the wireless data connection settings i.e.
    1.access point name
    2.user name
    3.password
    4.ip address
    5.DNS server address
    6.login script
    thanks for your time.:)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

not sure to be honest , but i know from experience that my TomTom didn't have the settings with my model of phone so i just played with all the different model numbers till one worked

though if your looking for meteors actual settings your better bet would be to try the mobiles / pdas forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭MickH503

godhanger wrote:
    Hi There
    can anybody help me with the bluetooth manual settings for my tomtom one for the Meteor phone company.
    There are options for vodafone and O2 but not for Meteor.
    I would like to use it with my phone but need the wireless data connection settings i.e.
    1.access point name
    2.user name
    3.password
    4.ip address
    5.DNS server address
    6.login script
    thanks for your time.:)
    You need to phone Meteor on 1905 and ask them to enable ISP GPRS on your account, then try these settings:
    1.access point name: isp.mymeteor.ie
    2.user name: my
    3.password: isp
    4.ip address AUTO
    5.DNS server address: AUTO
    6.login script: at+cgdcont=1,"IP","isp.mymeteor.ie"

... that should work ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 godhanger

Thanks MickH503 that worked a treat :D:D
    The hard part was getting someone at meteor who new what to do!!
    thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

what can you get from that connection? I would have thought they only gave UK info on the plus services as they don't seem to know Ireland exists from talking to them.

eamon234 wrote:
    what can you get from that connection? I would have thought they only gave UK info on the plus services as they don't seem to know Ireland exists from talking to them.
    Not much use in Ireland ... can get the weather forecast!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

MickH503 wrote:
    Not much use in Ireland ... can get the weather forecast!!

You can use TOMTOM Buddies , quite useful for sending locations or speedtraps .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

provindg of course you know someone else with a tom tom :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Jiggs

sorry to dig this post up after so long, but i tried those settings, and its not working. i can hear via my pc speakers, that my phone is trying to connect using gprs (you know, that irritating noise that phones make on speakers). But its just du du du duuuu pause, du du du duuuu, pause, du du du duuuu, and on and on for ever til i tap the GO 910. The GO 910 just says "Checking wireless data connection settings..." with a spinning green globe at 65%.

EDIT: oh, is this step still needed: "You need to phone Meteor on 1905 and ask them to enable ISP GPRS on your account, then try these settings"? is normal GPRS over my w850i not possible?
    and how much does that cost? same as normal wap/gprs?

have the meteor settings changed maybe?
    thanks for any help

Jiggs wrote:
    sorry to dig this post up after so long, but i tried those settings, and its not working. i can hear via my pc speakers, that my phone is trying to connect using gprs (you know, that irritating noise that phones make on speakers). But its just du du du duuuu pause, du du du duuuu, pause, du du du duuuu, and on and on for ever til i tap the GO 910. The GO 910 just says "Checking wireless data connection settings..." with a spinning green globe at 65%.

EDIT: oh, is this step still needed: "You need to phone Meteor on 1905 and ask them to enable ISP GPRS on your account, then try these settings"? is normal GPRS over my w850i not possible?
    and how much does that cost? same as normal wap/gprs?

have the meteor settings changed maybe?
    thanks for any help
    ISP is different to regular (WAP) GPRS ... I'm not sure of the difference. You need to call Meteor and ask them to enable ISP GPRS on your account - you might have to be pushy because they don't always know what you're talking about.
    The above settings still work for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

Any one got the Three settings for this with a nokia 6233. I can get internet access on my pda by just dialing something like *99** etc...

Same settting does not work on the tomtom go 910.

• Advertisement
Advertisement