Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Indian Takeaway in Dublin 2/4/6 area

Options
  • 22-01-2007 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Anyone any suggestions on a really good Indian takeaway in and around the Dublin 4 area? Have tried quite a few in D4 & D6 but cant seem to find one that tops Jewel in the Crown in Ballsbridge. The food is amazing but they constantly get the order wrong :mad: :mad: or take too long to deliver :(:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

The Punjab Balti in Ranelagh does lovely food and they're usually quite quick to deliver. Have you tried them before?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kevthecelt

without a shadow of a doubt the bombay pantry in rathmines, you can thank me later

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Does Khan's Balti House in Donnybrook do takeaways? Not sure, but it's a good restaurant anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

kevthecelt wrote:
    without a shadow of a doubt the bombay pantry in rathmines, you can thank me later

Heartily second that ^

There was a similar thread a while back. It may be of some use.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055038712

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭tfarrell

We tried the Punjab balti in Ranelagh and the first time it was delish but we got it again on Sunday and it wasnt nice at all (madras was more like a korma and the rogan josh just tasted of lemon?!?!?!... Khans Balti House in Donnybrook wasnt nice at all.. only commenting on takeaway though! I will try the Bombay Pantry this weekend... fingers crossed! Thanks for everyones replies.. much appreciated...

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

kevthecelt wrote:
    Without a doubt the Bombay Pantry has provided me with some of the tastiest Indian food I have ever had.

My sister was in India for 3 months and said the food there tastes the same as what they provide.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

kevthecelt wrote:
    Superb!
    get the menu here. my favourite is the butter chicken masala, some of the others with the same level of spiciness are too hot for me (they give them little grades of hotness)

http://www.bombaypantry.com/menu.pdf
    http://www.bombaypantry.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

Poppadom in Rathgar don't deliver but you can collect. I find it just as good as the Bombay Pantry, and they have a naan bread with goat's cheese in it which is amazing.

http://www.bestofbridgestone.com/mb/jl2/rr.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭hot fuss

Bu Ali on Clanbrassil Street - they would deliver to d4 and d6 I'm sure.. absolutely gorgeous.. Yummmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

hot fuss wrote:
    Bu Ali on Clanbrassil Street
    Agreed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

Bombay Pantry!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Bombay Pantry!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Bombay Pantry in either Rathmines or Clonskeagh, depending on what part of the area you're in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭WhoseView: Michael

I agree with all other fellow posts, the Bombay Pantry is probably best Indian takeaway in all of Dublin:-) I personally get mine in Rathfarnham which I imagine is same quality as others in D6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭NickNolte

Bombay Pantry is superb but they don't deliver to my area anymore (D2/Grand Canal Dock) :(

Jewel in the Crown in Ballsbridge is very good but very heavy. My favourite, now that I can't get a Bombay Pantry, is definitely Bu Ali on Clanbrassil Street. The lamb saag is to die for. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Stonypockets

Jaipur on George's street (and also in Ongar - if your from that side of town!) both do take away services, they dont deliver however. While they are an expensive spot they do by far the best indian food I have ever tasted! :)

Oh... and while I'm on the subject and avoid the green chili in stonybatter, have ordered from there a few times and its always very hit or miss (most often miss!)
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Oh... and while I'm on the subject and avoid the green chili in stonybatter, have ordered from there a few times and its always very hit or miss (most often miss!)
    :(

Yeah, we had a near miss - wasn't great. I would only order from there again if all the Bombay Pantries simultanously were sucked into the ground, never to be seen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Without doubt, the best Indian in the Dublin area is Akash in Blackrock. They deliver to a wide enough area as well. Not sure if they'd go as far as ranelagh etc... I live in sandyford and they deliver there for €4 i think it is, which is not bad if there is a few of us ordering in. Their prices are also not bad either.

I've been to punjab balti in rathmines, bombay pantry, jaipur... the lot. Akash has consistently the best quality produce in their dishes every time. The meats are always nice and tender (lamb especially), and the sauces are spiced to perfection. If you want hot, you get a very nice hot dish. The Mughlai Biryani dish is probably my favourite from there. I would highly recommend them.

http://www.takeaway.ie/akash-indian-restaurant-blackrock

http://www.menupages.ie/Restaurants/Akash_Indian_Restaurant.aspx

(I was in London recently and took a trip to Brick Lane. If you love Indian food, you have to go there... the Indian restaurants on that street are quality. Best Indian meal I ever had was there a few weeks ago) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'm not keen on the Bombay Pantry and I don't understand why they're so consistently highly rated. I can't quite put my finger on it, but their spice blends have no subtlety, or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭tfarrell

Cheers for all the replies... Jewel and the Crown are absolutely disgusting of late so am deffo gonna try Blu Ali and also heard bout some place called Koncan in Clanbrassil St. Bombay Pantry I thought was good but agree with previous poster bout spices not being subtle. Will have to say I will never order from Jewel and the Crown again :mad: Looking forward now to my Sat night takeaway with someone new :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

me and the girlfriend get royal tandoori every saturday night, its very nice. they are in terenure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Eldel

:pac:Bombay Pantry in Rathmines (opp Garda Station)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 peter dub

Poppadom restaurant open one more branch in Castleknock dublin 15. me and my girlfriend been there on Saturday nite , best indian food we ever had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

Monsoon in Stillorgan. Great staff and consistantly good take-away food. onion bajis are delicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Monsoon in Stillorgan. Great staff and consistantly good take-away food. onion bajis are delicious!

And there's a Monsoon in Rathmines now, too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

Bombay Pantry is very good but Bu Ali on Clanbrassil St is the best.
    Dont live near there any more and I miss it.

Poppadom Rathgar They hav lovely food. i think best Indian takeAway in dublin 6 ..

lovely food and good service.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 TMC_Ledge

Without doubt, the best Indian in the Dublin area is Akash in Blackrock.

Akash is great. try the mughlai biryani, sensational value. one does 2 ppl(they give 2 trays and sauce!). just get some naans on the side (best naan of any indian).

jai-ho booterstown is another quality newcomer. they seem to throw in more free stuff than u order.

and bistro spice monkstown, small menu- real quality.

standard of indians puts every other type of takeaway in ireland to shame.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I enjoy Shan around temple bar

Advertisement