Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing UTV package

Options
  • 22-01-2007 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Hi All

I'm currently with UTV (since Sept '04) and paying €29.99 p.m. for their 2MB package with 12GB limit (which I run very close to most months).

I'm considering changing to their 3MB package with 20GB limit costing €34.99 p.m. for the extra speed and higher limit.

However, before entering into a new 12 month contract with them, I'd like some feedback on whether this is the best value package.

Excluding calls to mobiles, my current monthly charges are €61.16 made up as follows:
    Line Rental €24.18
    Advance Subscription Charge €29.99
    Talk Anytime Charge €6.99

Any advice on alternative packages appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

You should only need to commit to a higher disconnection fee for 6 months, rather than 12. You also could adopt the new UTV 2Mb tariff at 20.99 and pay for the unlimited option at 5.99. It might depend on whether your line is likely to give you the full 3Mb, and whether you often run it flat out. Otherwise it depends if you live somewhere where LLU services are available, or BT might suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

You'll get the same as what you have now (calls package) with an increase to 3Mb with 30gig cap for €63 from BT. If breaking the cap was your only concern, you could also consider staying on your current speed with UTV and go for their unlimited option for €5.99 extra p/m. This also involves a new contract which should only be 6 months, not 12.
    Your current package from BT would cost €54 with a 20gig cap. They don't enforce their caps but they could if the wanted to.

Be aware that if you sign up for a new contract with UTV, you're also signing up to their new T&C's. This includes an exit fee even if you're outside contract.

Advertisement