Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alcohol spilt all over the seats

• 22-01-2007 9:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭

There was a load of drink spilt on the seats on Friday night. I only picked the car up this evening and it stinks. The alcohol is gone right through the seats. Will I be able to get rid of the smell?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Tanabe

Sounds like the seats will need a good shampoo & the car overall will need a valet to get rid of the smell.

May I ask how the hell you managed to get alcohol spilt all over the seats in the first place:confused: (keep away from guards in the mean time):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

Googled and found

Q:How do I get the smell of BEER out of my car's carpet? It was spilt all over the passenger side back seat floor board? Please help, it stinks!
    A:Shampoo...Ozone Treatment.

Same happened to me a while back,can of beer was punctured while rolling around under the passenger seat after falling out of a bag. Picture driving your car with a can spraying ALL over the place,pulling over,finding the can under the seat and then getting it outside of the car. There wasn't much beer left in the can:( and the stink the following day was unreal.
    It will disappear over time if it's any consolation.
    Lucky it wasn't spilt milk:eek: :eek:
    Good luck if you get stopped at any check points.:D :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭alanlouthzzr

Meguiars have a product in their range called Odour Eliminator that will remove the smell of spilled milk and puke, aren't kids a great help with testing these things! Most of the motor factors can get Meguiars. I'm not sure whether its any good for alcohol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 121 ✭✭birchtree

> A:Shampoo...Ozone Treatment.

Who would provide ozone treatment?
    I have problem with mold in the car, I read that one of the ways treating mold is ozone. The car has been valeted and properly dried, but smell of mold is unbearable, and its coming back in the roof, and other places.

Please don't ressurect a 5 year old thread,
    start your own one by all means

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement