Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crappy Windows Update

• 22-01-2007 11:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭

Won't update: I won't mind but it keeps reminding me.... and a couple are security updates. Have tried Quitting all programmes, letting it run. Even selecting the "Install updates before shutting down"

I've attached an image for your pleasure!

John

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Had this issue once, turned off automatic updates and restarted. Then done Windows Update manually and that done the trick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I'll give it a go, before I hit the sack.

John

Ruu, your method didn't work, although after some searching I found a fix on Microsoft! I know, what a shock
    Resolutions
    1. Disabling the LIS would clean-up the registry setting and might fix the issue. If the update requires source from cache and if it is binary update, the first attempt at install might fail and the install will switch to full file for the next detection cycle.
    Download the Local Installation Source Tool from

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=10FA7AA3-695B-42C3-9045-B812BA0FED3E&displaylang=en

Extract LisTool.exe and LisTool.chm to some location.
    Run the GUI tool (LISTOOL.exe) and choose the Disable LIS option. Click next. Select all the check boxes in the subsequent dialog. Then proceed to Finish
    Try doing a detect and install again.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

Lump wrote:
    Originally Posted by www.microsoft.com
    Resolutions
    1. Disabling the LIS would clean-up the registry setting and might fix the issue. If the update requires source from cache and if it is binary update, the first attempt at install might fail and the install will switch to full file for the next detection cycle.
    Download the Local Installation Source Tool from

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Extract LisTool.exe and LisTool.chm to some location.
    Run the GUI tool (LISTOOL.exe) and choose the Disable LIS option. Click next. Select all the check boxes in the subsequent dialog. Then proceed to Finish
    Try doing a detect and install again.

:eek:

have fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Rebeller

Do you have a software firewall installed (apart from Windows firewall of course).

Windows is full of little applications phoning home to Microsoft to check what you're up to:D some of which play a in the update process.

Try disabling your firewall, restarting the computer and manually looking for updates by going direct to the microsoft update website using internet explorer (you won't be able to use firefox)

good luck

• Advertisement

I've done it......

Via the method I posted. Mukki, what do you mean have fun?

John

Advertisement