Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infacol

Options
  • 22-01-2007 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody else ever used Infacol? We used it tonight on little Liam and it worked a treat - he actually burps and sleeps after feeding, rather than being awake for hours in total discomfort.

Based on my experience, if the wee one is colicky, then consider Infacol.

I'd be interested to hear other parent's experiences.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Hi crosstownk,

My daughter was very, very colicky when she was little, and Infacol was like something sent from Heaven! I remember the change in her once we started using it was almost instant... she would go from being a screeching, writhing little ball of discomfort to a snoozy, sleepy little thing in seconds.

I found Infacol was MUCH better than those Colief drops (which are crazily expensive and a pain in the ass to use, as milk must be at a certain temperature, drops have to be put into the milk within a certain time etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

My memory of it is that you give it before each feed and it's benefits build up over a few days to a week.

When I had my eldest in London over 11 years ago I could get if free on perscription from GP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

Yes, it's fantastic stuff! It's supposed to be given before the feed (read instructions) but it will work if you remember half way through and give it or at the end (but not quite as effective then). It basically works by turning all the tiny little air molecules into bigger air bubbles that rise to the top of the stomach and get burped up easily. That's why you should give it before as giving it after leaves most of it sitting on top of the milk. It's also not recommended for babies under one month old so I'd ask the doc before giving it to a younger baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

dame wrote:
    It's also not recommended for babies under one month old so I'd ask the doc before giving it to a younger baby.

It's actually safe to use from birth! (at least it says so on the enclosed label).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

Oh, that's great then, work away! They must have changed that in the last few years, a relief for new parents and babies!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭viking

Yep, have to agree that its good stuff indeed if your little one is colicky or has trouble getting up wind.

It contains Simethicone which is an anti-foaming agent and is not absorbed by the body so its safe to use for every feed.

I wonder if the makers of Infacol are quoted on the stock exchange, I bet their stock keeps going up an up with the amount of new parents who discover its benefits...?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

viking wrote:

I wonder if the makers of Infacol are quoted on the stock exchange, I bet their stock keeps going up an up with the amount of new parents who discover its benefits...?

I know what you mean - I was surprised to find that it cost €4.99 in the chemists shop. I'd have gladly paid €50 for it. Anything for a nights sleep! I wonder if the marketing guys have ever had a colicky baby :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

for my child I used dentanox(?) add it in the bottle when making the feed and she burped herself from 3 weeks old brillant stuff and I think its the cheapest on the market but I stand corrected

On another point when we were buying it (baby now 7 mts so no need for it) and I know to shop around hence we found this out but the leading chemist brands in the country were far more expensive for the above that my local non branded chemist.nearly a €1 in the difference. Just a point to note

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 darrendice

Hi There.

Just wondering if Infacolis available in the 26 counties. I know Gripe Water is no longer available.

Many thanks

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Ask your local chemist for it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement