Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stupid Ads

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

What total gimp at 11850 decided that we needed our own Irish ginger version of the 118118 scouse-a-likes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Not a stupid ad per se, but an interesting oversight by the advertisers maybe. Anyone seen that Guinness ad where yer man opens the can of guinness and it sends tremors throughout Dublin? The ads a bit forgettable tbh but at one stage there's a view out over Dublin Bay facing the sea with the sun shining low over it, implying it's sunrise, early morning. The guy says "I'll be over around eight" and cracks open a can of Arthurs finest. Is he an alco or what? Twelve hours of drinking till 8pm!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Any ad for womens sanitary devices that has girls making fun of guys in it:
    "Haha, women are awesome, men are stupid! Buy this for your crotch now please!"

And those Gilette Venus razors or whatever they are having gorgeous shaved-legged supermodels in all sorts of airbrushed hijinks, a simple razor won't do all that for you girls.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

basquille wrote:
    Think i'm the only one who loves that ad... it does what it says on the tin - DAFT!

Ah you're nuts, and the monkey loves 'em

Those singing halifax ads annoy the crap out of me, and that new add for a certain beer where someone is screaming, people go running to follow it and it turns out to be a guy screaming, its horribly annoying, i usually end up muting it if im trying to do something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I think it's budwieser. Although the current Guinness advert with the penguins annoys me.. not the adverts fault though... it's just that despite it being out for about a year people will still laugh out loud at it in the cinema as if they'd never seen a penguin before in their lives.

Those new Lynx adverts are horrific... I guess it should be refreshing that they're making women look like total cretins for a change... but it's just very annoying... and I guess the fact that the advert is aimed at men, means they don't think too highly of mens intelligence.

Ahh but penguins are always going to be funny. But yeah I always wonder why people laugh at ads in the cinema, when they wouldn't normally when theyre at home, plus they'd probably seen the ad many times before.

Lynx ads always make women look like thick slappers. You'd have to be to go for a man that marinades himself in the crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

I hate those Bulmers/Magners ads that try to glamourise drinking! They're stupid, and the guy who does the voice-over is annoying! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

the budweiser add with that prick screaming his head off. its annoying.

any ad with voice dubbing in it, its bad enough we have to watch the ad,but to see the mouths moving 3 seconds before something is said bugs the hell out of me.cleaning products ads are the worst offenders.

that money penny ad with linda martin, we turn all your small debts into one big debt with big payment which you cant afford in order so we can nick your hosue.

Cleaning products ad's with hosue that sparkle and then the kid/dog/ gets it dirty and the house wife cleans it up. i love to see that add in a house with a few weeks of mildew growth and see how the stuff performs.

think thats enough for now, but while its election ads. or party portical broadcasts as they are called, who wants to see bertie/enda/pat/michael lying through their teeth, after the news where its been the headline that bertie had had a fr. ted moment of "the money was just resting in my account"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

So true... Ever see the Insurance Claim adverts on daytime tv? Abolsutely priceless.... * Cue dramatic slow mo fall* "I intentionally broke my face off a shop floor and got 15k in compensation"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

I think its in this thread already....but that ball-bag student in the Kenco ads....What a wanker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

"Ha ha Jamie, we did not bring you hear to pack the Kenco, we brought you here as a human sex slave!!"

• Advertisement
Advertisement