Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox LAN Nights

• 23-01-2007 1:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Here's our schedule for Xbox 360 LANs.

Mondays: 6pm - 10pm €20
    Pro Evolution Soccer 6 sponsored by Reebok
    Prizes include footballs, hoodies, t-shirts, trainers and the chance to win tickets to see Bolton play in the Premiership in Apil

Wednesdays: 6pm - 10pm €20
    Call of Duty 3 LAN

Thursdays: 6pm - 10pm €20
    Gears of War LAN

Outcast overnight LAN
    A wide range of games, pizza, drinks, cash prizes, steering wheels, Pro Ev Tournament and more.
    Friday 26th January, 10pm - 10am Saturday
    Cost: €50, secure your space with a tenner deposit in-store or on 01 6750544 with a card. We've about 10 places left

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

You know Im a member there and it constantly p!$$e$ me off that you dont hold FIFA 07 LAN Nights. Wherefore not?

Im just WAITING for a PES fanboy to respond in a feeble attempt to defend this defecation of a game..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

There is a reason why it is PES6 nights cos FIFA stucks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 325 ✭✭doyler442

hi

whats this about. were do u have these games on, is it in dublin only or what and who do i have to pay what store.
    id be interestd in the pro evo nights

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Details please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Jamie McCormick
    Community Manager
    Xbox Live Gaming Centre, 51 South William Street, Dublin 2
    xboxlivegamingcentre.com

It's all in his sig.

• Advertisement

I can't see his sig when I'm signed in.

AdrianII wrote:
    There is a reason why it is PES6 nights cos FIFA stucks.

Spot fanboy number 1.

What exactly is "stucks" anyway?

Tell me 5 ways in which PES6 is better than FIFA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

FIFA has been **** since like 98

Its a cock sucking franchise only worried about licences and official naming, as seems to be the case with every Ea game these days.

As a new year comes they just change the number and jsut expect to sell games, cause Ea had a monopoly on sports games,thankfully PES came along and gave us a proper football game that plays proper.

FIFA looks terrible in all fairness, looks like men pulled of a subuteo table, PES looks accurate.

FIFa gameplay seems sluggish slow and jsut terrible, PES is fast responsive and fluid.

And im not even a fan of either game, im not into playing football games, but its clear PES is better in every department, and considering a simple download can give you all the official license etc, fifa looses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I really must make it over that place soon. Some nice prizes, but Bolton? *yawn* ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,816 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Spot fanboy number 1.

What exactly is "stucks" anyway?

Tell me 5 ways in which PES6 is better than FIFA.

Get back to your room and play your childish arcadey rubbish. Real men (and women to be PC) play PES.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭jamiemc

Hey guys,

You can book yourself and a group of mates in for pro evo or any other night. We've pretty much everything, tons of COD3, Gears & Halo 2, and we do staff nights too. And we're Dublin only but that will be changing soon. We'll have our second Dublin centre open by the Summer, and after that another dozen across the country in a year or so.

So we can settle all these dubs v culchie debates in Halo >:)

The staff all play Pro Ev in the centre which is why we started doing them, and Konami loved what we do so much we're Ireland's official venue.

Jamie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 325 ✭✭doyler442

jamiemc wrote:

So we can settle all these dubs v culchie debates in Halo >:)

Jamie

Not sure if you should be calling every1 outside of dublin a culchie. its like me just presuming every1 from dublin are pavies.

I want a job there! Seriously! I can wait til the new one opens too :P

Pm me dammit!

jamiemc wrote:

The staff all play Pro Ev in the centre which is why we started doing them, and Konami loved what we do so much we're Ireland's official venue.

So, on this basis, I can assume that there will never be a FIFA '07 tournament there..?

On the upside, XLGC membership is one less thing I have to pay for this year.

Advertisement