Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Students in Galway

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Average-Ro wrote:
    I honestly don't know where this apparent divide between GMIT and NUIG came from. I am a GMIT student, and I went out every night from Monday to Friday with NUIG students for my RAG week! My best friends are NUIG students, and I'm currently seeing a girl who goes to NUIG, and she ain't a snob either (like somebody mentioned in a previous post). I never had problems with NUIG, I even spend some time in the student bar! I think people are just blowing this WAY out of proportion...
    Quoted For Righteous Truth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

Average-Ro wrote:
    I honestly don't know where this apparent divide between GMIT and NUIG came from. I am a GMIT student, and I went out every night from Monday to Friday with NUIG students for my RAG week! My best friends are NUIG students, and I'm currently seeing a girl who goes to NUIG, and she ain't a snob either (like somebody mentioned in a previous post). I never had problems with NUIG, I even spend some time in the student bar! I think people are just blowing this WAY out of proportion...

Double QFT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭galwaygirleen

Yeah has been blown way out of proportion the same way as a D4 accent has exploded in the NUIG grounds ha ha ha ha!!!

But in all seriousness I personally dont have any probs with anyone either nuig and gmit after all ye are the future of this town!! so go in peace and get drunk and IMAGINE ye see real STRIPPERS in the gippo for this years rag week. Best of luck :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

And so the thread decends into closure once more which everyone agreeing, nodding and smiling.

Well done chaps, another topic discussed without the use of explosive name calling, flaired tempers or necessity to lock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

And so the thread decends into closure once more which everyone agreeing, nodding and smiling.

Well done chaps, another topic discussed without the use of explosive name calling, flaired tempers or necessity to lock.

Anytime Flesh, I'm always here to play peacekeeper;)

• Advertisement

go_team.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

I totally disagree everybody from NUIG looks like Jade Goody!

Harsh. Harsh, but fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

in saying that my sis goes to nuig and she has buddies in gmit. personally its like this a lot of nuig are living outta daddies pockets driving mammies car into college and dont gibe a toss, whereas gmiters are majority living away from home have part time jobs and care about college and there future careers!! its just my opinion so nuigers dont shout me down!! as for strippers in the gippo isnt that like an urban legend at this stage!! ha ha ha

Oh I say, the look of disgust on my face at that statement caused my moncle to slip into my freshly pressed orange juice.

One second, I need my servant to mop my brow.

YOU PLANK :)

HavoK wrote:
    Oh I say, the look of disgust on my face at that statement caused my moncle to slip into my freshly pressed orange juice.

One second, I need my servant to mop my brow.

YOU PLANK :)

Disgraceful having your servant mopping your brow, sir when everyone knows that one's maid must mop thine brow.

Tally ho and all that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭redmosquito

I think they whole 'rich daddy' idea about NUI students is unfairly labelled. Granted there are some but 99% of the people I know in the college work for what they're doing and I know myself it can be hard.

I dropped out a few years ago, worked hard at home to earn money to get my own car, went back to college last september (having to take out a 6500 euro loan to just pay for my fee's which I pay back without any financial help from anyone) and I pay my own rent and work hard when I get the chance to be able to do this.

People look on the small minority of students with the rich daddy and paint the rest of us with the same brush.

It's particularly biting when some of that small minority also manage to get the grant.

qtr%20plank%20teak.JPG

Well asked the sister about this whole nuig hating gmit and vice versa and u know the reply i got from me 19 yr old sister! "We are POSH" the future of Ireland lies in the hands of this..

hmmm better locked down the pension now.. ha ha ha ha

I still say that my job would be a lot easier if there were no students in this town.

Does your sister happen to study commerce, law or arts by any chance?

Not making a generalisation, just testing a hypothesis.

SyxPak wrote:
    Does your sister happen to study commerce, law or arts by any chance?
    So your trying to paint all commerce, law or arts with the "daddy pays for everything" brush?
    I am out raged, you are a "some random insult"!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Sounds like a commerce girl to me, bless their hearts.

RedHairedGuy, is that your table or your door?.
    I mean at first I thought it was your table, then I looked at it again and now i'm not too sure. Help!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Students can't be "posh", since they got rid of fees... what's the determinent for NUIG being "posh" and GMIT not? They're both free you 'tards.

Could you be claiming to be "posh" based on entry criteria?
    NUIG Commerce (With German) - 235 (CAO 2006)
    GMIT Medical Science - 390 (CAO 2006)
    http://websr2.cao.ie/points/lvl8_06.pdf

So is our 235 point NUIG student "posher" or "brainier" than our 390 point GMIT student, by virtue of the building they go to college in?

Use your brains kids...

Students can't be "posh", since they got rid of fees... what's the determinent for NUIG being "posh" and GMIT not? They're both free you 'tards.

Use your brains kids...

this is gettin friggin boring! yawn....................................

Sis is a SCIENCE girl which had me a lil worried when she came out with this statement!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

does she ever do "Irony" that sis of yours ??

kevmy wrote:
    RedHairedGuy, is that your table or your door?.
    I mean at first I thought it was your table, then I looked at it again and now i'm not too sure. Help!!

Ssssshhhh... Don't worry yourself about it! <waves hands mysteriously in the air and disappears with a boom leaving a faint hint of cabbage lingering in the air>

Hmmmm cabbage!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

If she's goodlooking and short-sighted, who cares which college she goes to? :D

Seriously, it's the way of the world ...
    - jackeens slag culchies, and vice versa
    - NUIGs slag GMITs, and v.v.
    - Arts / Comm / Law etc. slag each other, and EVERYBODY slags the engineers :p
    ... and so on.

To anyone with a bit of cop-on, it's just a laugh ... the real assholes are the people who actually believe that because they go to NUIG*, they're "better" than someone attending GMIT*, or vice versa.

*substitute as appropriate

ARGINITE wrote:
    Hmmmm cabbage!

Organic cabbage of course!

Grown by Maltanesian farmers who are striving for a living but are ultimately repressed by the big global companies.

More tofu please Roy!

Organic cabbage of course!

Grown by Maltanesian farmers who are striving for a living but are ultimately repressed by the big global companies.

More tofu please Roy!

Its things like this that make me wish I had done an art course of some sort.
    Oh for the love of the cabbage!
    Sob, sniff, cry.
    Is it too late already?

Ssssshhhh... Don't worry yourself about it! <waves hands mysteriously in the air and disappears with a boom leaving a faint hint of cabbage lingering in the air>

What kind of cabbage smell exactly? Surely raw it has no smell. Boiled with bacon lends it a horrendous pong while the bouquet of the humble sprout is enough to make one puke.

kevmy wrote:
    What kind of cabbage smell exactly? Surely raw it has no smell. Boiled with bacon lends it a horrendous pong while the bouquet of the humble sprout is enough to make one puke.

Emmmmmm.... Yes! That is correct!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Yah it was as boring as ****e. Really sucked as do most rag weeks. The best nigths are the ones where you can stumble into karma of all places if the queue is too long at cps. It says alot about rag week when theres even a queue at karma down to logues of all places. Crap it really was.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭pointofnoreturn

togster wrote:
    Yah it was as boring as ****e. Really sucked as do most rag weeks. The best nigths are the ones where you can stumble into karma of all places if the queue is too long at cps. It says alot about rag week when theres even a queue at karma down to logues of all places. Crap it really was.

Yes true, I've had the best success on the last minute, unplanned nights out. Simple, call a few friends, get up and go!
    And just take what come to you first!

But, regarding Students in Galway, GMIT has little or just no real student social environment and experience in Galway. It's basically! Work!

Advertisement