Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trial CD ...

Options
  • 23-01-2007 1:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭

Just bought the Trial CD last week in GAME to see if I would like WOW, so far, I've spent 3 days downloading updates :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

lol, well you should cherish this quiet time because a large portion of you life will be sucked up by this once you start playing! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

So far I've download 480 Megs, 6xx Megs, and now 219Megs. Any idea on what's next? It would be less frustrating if WoW just told me how many updates I actually had to download before lying to me that it had finished ... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I think there's a 16x meg one after (I think) and then that's it. I could be wrong though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

There's bound to be more as the game goes on, but what I don't understand is why they don't apply some of these to the new CD's.

I bought WoW last week and had to download all the patches from the very beginning.. Surely they didn't press my CD back in 2004 or whenever the game first came out, so why couldn't they pre-patch it to save me downloading over a gig of stuff.

Rant over :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I'm hooked! It's great fun, especially at 2560x1600 ;) Not a notion how to sell stuff to Merchants though, I put the items from my backpack into the buyback tab on the Merchant's window, and they just stay there. My money goes up, but I'm not sure if I've actually sold the stuff or not. Not really sure how to cast spells either, but I'm working my way through some quests.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

Thank god, I GF got the trial for me to and everytime I start the game it downloads up dates, Day 3 for me to ha ha I cant wait to play hope it s as good as it looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

ned78 wrote:
    I'm hooked! It's great fun, especially at 2560x1600 ;) Not a notion how to sell stuff to Merchants though, I put the items from my backpack into the buyback tab on the Merchant's window, and they just stay there. My money goes up, but I'm not sure if I've actually sold the stuff or not. Not really sure how to cast spells either, but I'm working my way through some quests.
    You have actually sold the stuff... it's just there for a little while on the merchant window in case you vendored something by mistake.

Also, what's your character's name and what server are you on? ;)

Advertisement