Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kylemore/ Kart City

• 23-01-2007 3:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭

Really sorry if this is the wrong place to be posting this, which I think it may be.
    Anyway, was wondering, has any one had experience of either Kylemore Go Karting or Kart City and which was better value and more fun all round.
    Would love to go and would like some advice, kart city appears to be cheaper.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭nikimere

both crap if you ask me. i was in holland a few years ago and went
    to a karting centre owned by the family of Tom Coronel (WTCC Driver) it was amazing! exactly how a indoor kart track should look and be run.
    they didn't have scangers thinking they know everything about karting and driving fast.... (there are one or two particular blokes in Kylemore!)

anyway back on-topic, Kylemore you cant get away with passing someone without making contact unless they make a big mistake. If you do make contact the lads that work there walk down the middle of the track with a "no bumping" sign. if you do it again you get pulled in. so that means you get 2 or 3 overtaking maneuvers... ;)
    Kart-City is outdoor and i think is slightly better, although you do still get the standard "know-it-all" skanger and you do still get in trouble for slight taps to another driver but you get away with it more.
    another option would be "Pudden Hill" in Ashbourne http://www.puddenhill.com/ i think it's the best of them all.
    If i had to chose between Kylemore and Kartcity i'd probably pick Kart City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Id go for either pudden hill, or if its wet and they are running it, Kart City. That said, I havent been to any of these in over half a decade, but ive been keeping in touch with the scene.

Shame they stopped racing proper at Kart City, it was a bit leathal but a good track to drive.

You got any racong plans this year Niki?

You got any racong plans this year Niki?
    Yep, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=52585614&postcount=64
    Should be a bit of fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Sawa

Ok, thanks for the replies.
    Want to take my boyfriend there as a surprise (for Valentines day, cheesy huh!)
    Pudden Hill looks good but neither of us drive, so it needs to be somewhere on a bus route unfortunatly(we live in Dublin city centre)

If it is raining, does Kart city still run? Also they make you pay a 100euro deposit, that's a bit steep isn't it!

Would the best option be to do the "Arrive and Drive" for 30 minutes (38euro). Is 30 minutes enough time to really enjoy yourself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

If it is raining, does Kart city still run? Also they make you pay a 100euro deposit, that's a bit steep isn't it!

Eghhhh what? Deposit? Are you booking a group (10+) of people or is it just the two of you.

TBH im not sure what the policy is on running in the wet at kart city. If they do run, be sure to bring a towel and a change of clothes as you will be soaked to the bone!

If you havnt been karting before, 30mins is more that enough. To be honest 15mins is enough as you will find it can be demanding physically, even if you're pretty fit, as you will be using muscles that you probably have never trained in such a way. Your arms and back will get a good workout!

If Kart city are looking for a deposit, the go to Kylemore and do 15mins. Trust me it will be plenty of time for you.

/Niki I have to say that wasn't what I had in mind for you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Motormouth

Yeah, I'd have to agree. Kylemore staff are as rough as....... and almost every time I've been there some dope takes to the track with no helmet on to overtake the punters!! What does that prove??!
    Pudden Hill is much better, they don't mind a little bit of contact and there is proper food available, even a bar! It is a little bit off the beaten track though!!!
    Niki, is the second childhood coming a bit early?? (rich coming from me I know!!!):D

Motormouth wrote:
    Niki, is the second childhood coming a bit early?? (rich coming from me I know!!!):D
    1:10 scale so i figured it would be 1:10th of the price... how wrong! lol!!
    But it is something i can fund myself and i'll still be doing the odd kart race here and there. Anything else is out the window unless i win the Lotto.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,342 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Hey all - i wonder would any been so kind as to point out exactly where kylemore karting is on Google Maps (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&tab=wl&q=) I have to go there on Saturday, and may have to drive myself - the map on their website is not exactly to scale or all that informative. I think I can work out the general area (as there only seems to be one road directly linking Killeen Rd to Kylemore Rd) but i want to be sure, rather then turning up late on the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

See where the dodgy red circle is? Right there!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,342 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

BaZmO* wrote:
    See where the dodgy red circle is? Right there!!!
    Cheers for that.

Hopefully i make it there in time to show off my mad skillz on Saturday:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement