Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would I be a dirtbird?

• 23-01-2007 6:03am

Tonight I was over at my very good friends house.We were going to go out but evetually decided to stay in with a dvd.

W bough a bottle of wine between us and that drank over the space of 3 hours was all we had drunk.We were messing about when we were watching the movie.I tickled her and she was all giggly.Then she lay in towards me and put her head on my shoulders.Then it all went quiet.I was unsure what to do.I had only thought of us as friends till then.I just played it cool and we continued watching the dvd her occasionally her body towards me while she had her back turned.Am I totally picking up the wrong signals?

We have been getting closer since we got back to college this term.There is a stumbling block as she was with a good friend of mine last september.Would I be a dirtbird to pursue this girl?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭Coileach dearg

As Chopper would say "Harden the F*ck up". Do it for god's sake! What more of a signal do you need, a post card?
    No, you wouldn't be a dirtbird.
    PS: What is a dirtbird?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Well ye both were drunk remember but if you have feelings for her then let her know when ye both are sober. :)

Ruu wrote:
    Well ye both were drunk remember but if you have feelings for her then let her know when ye both are sober. :)
    I was not that drunk.God I dunno.I had started to fancy her over last coupl of weeks.Thanks for the advice ruu.

A dirtbird is somebody who does the betrays a friend by going with a girl his friend fancied/had a relationship with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

You are a dirtbird.

But stick it in her anyway, that's not the reason! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

He couldn't have been too drunk. It was a bottle of wine between them. Give it a lash. Its not as if you are getting mixed signals there.

Although, what if shes not up for it? Would you be okay with that? Would the friendship suffer?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Go for it. Obviously likes you. Organise the same type of evening again soon and get two bottles of wine instead ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Are you or her spoken for ? if not then whats the issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

She was with your friend last September? As in 4 months ago? So what's the problem? If your friend was going out with her up until recently then that might be a problem, but as it is, there's nothing you're doing wrong. If you do feel guilty, then you could tell your friend and ask their permission, but you really don't need to.

Neither of us are taken.Its just weird though.She was trying to set me up with her friends last week.Then all of a sudden she was all flirty last night.

Neither of us are taken.Its just weird though.She was trying to set me up with her friends last week.Then all of a sudden she was all flirty last night.

Try going for a "meal" and leave the drink out of it this time. See if you still get the same vibes from her then. If so and you like her, then go for it. ;)

• Advertisement

Meeting her for lunch.So I will update later.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

She was trying to set me up with her friends last week.Then all of a sudden she was all flirty last night.

Ah, classic story. Friend A wants to set Friend B up with someone, and whilst thinking of all the positive points about Friend B they could tell a potential date, Friend A realises "Hey, I should probably be with this person myself!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Meeting her for lunch.So I will update later.:cool:

Best of luck!!!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

you're only a dirtbird if you pursue her with the intention of getting your leg over and nothing more. You have to consider what the friendship is worth and would it feel awkward if anything sexual happened.

Maybe invite her for a meal and talk about it with her, either you feel enough that you're comfortable telling her that you are interested in seeing if a relationship can work out or you're not. If you're not then don't pursue her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

no you are nto a dirtbird, why not ask her on a date? or just ask her about the previous night?

We met up for lunch.It was fun but it was a big group of us.She sat down beside me and was in my eyes flirting with me.
    Also remember from last night that her friends commented "that it was almost like a date" when we came back with wine and the dvd.
    Can't believe I didn't cop this before.
    Think I might play it cool till we are out some night this week!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Good for you, don't let her get away. :)

Sounds like a happy ending (nearly) ;)

I'm sure the question on everyones mind at the moment is "Is she a cracker ?" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

*sniff* it's not often we get a happy ending in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cionn

A few pints can be a great way to sort these things out. Speaking from personal expieriance I ended up going out with a girl out of one of these situations for 2 years. I suppose you could call it a slow burner only knew her for 14 years before she made the move on me. I have to say though glad to be out when things went to sh*t. funny looking back on it now that I'm married now to someone else with a brace of nippers. same crap different people and suppose I have to admit different generation.
    I suppose to summarise sit back enjoy a few pints whatever will be will be.

• Advertisement

Was just over in her house.I was supposed to go out with her and others.I was totally knackered so stayed in with her housemate.The other girl then asked her was she going to kiss some boy.She was like "maybe.He is cute".I was like I wouldnt mind going out but only if her housemate would come out.
    She said no so I stayed in with her housemate.
    I usually am the life and soul of the party but was really too tired to go out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

If by "she was with a good friend" you mean she dated a friend then you should go to said friend and let them know you would like to pursue said girl. If she just shagged him then good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

The other girl then asked her was she going to kiss some boy. She was like "maybe.He is cute".
    ... which could just mean she was trying to make you jealous / goad you into getting off the fence.
    I was like I wouldnt mind going out but only if her housemate would come out.
    She said no so I stayed in with her housemate.
    ... and you're sending her mixed messages.

Go for it ... not in one big mad charge, but a bit more forward motion definitely!

Not a time for your Ross OCK impression, but maybe a little more of his confidence might be appropriate! :D

Jaysus, I'm finally beginning to see what people see in soaps!! :eek: :o:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Keep us updated OP, this stuff is gold! :D (better than tv anyway)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

Sorry mate but you are clearly in the 'friend zone' and getting deeper into it with all this "I think I'll play it cool" bollox. Unless you grow some balls soon and go for it, you'll be stuck in the friend zone for good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Unless you grow some balls
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dumbyearbook

I stayed in with her housemate.
    I usually am the life and soul of the party but was really too tired to go out.

Seen this before the guy who is a great laugh; but when it comes down to it and a girl is coming on to you you dont know what to do and 'play it cool' (as said above) is a load or crap are you 16?

Good god if you like her will you score this girl and never mind her housemate, s*** sakes- get on with it or maybe you're afraid your friend will be mad if you're with her?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Was just over in her house.I was supposed to go out with her and others.I was totally knackered so stayed in with her housemate.
    Hang on. You stayed in her house, with her housemate, while she went out?

Dude, you're wrecking the soft-on I was getting with this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

ah the old friend zone a cra* place to be ...pee or get off the pot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

Just do it/her whatever.

First of all.If I did not know her.I would have been with her by now.But I do know her.We were out tonight.Told her to come to disco Iwas in.She went to other disco.I ignored her texts.We happened to get same taxi home.Her friend was like"Give her a hug".I gave them both a hug.Then she was like"Just give [other girl] the hug."
    Christ I wish I was kinda sober instead of being totally drunk.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

You ignored her texts? It's like watching a train wreck. Go to bed. Sleep. Drink water. In the morning when you're sober, sort things out.

/adopts nature-programme-commentator voice:

" ... and they circle each other in a mating ritual which is as old as time."

Jeez, Dazzler, you NEVER ignore a woman ...
    ... when she's talking to you
    ... texting you
    ... whatever
    ... unless of course you WANT to crash and burn!

The only time it's safe to ignore a woman is when she's asleep in bed ... in another room ... on the other side of the world ... and there isn't a phone for 50 miles!

Now listen to MAJD, get some kip, and start afresh tomorrow.

Don't really remember writing that message.Dam I think actually really fancy her.lol
    Fun times in NUIG!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Don't really remember writing that message.Dam I think actually really fancy her.lol
    Fun times in NUIG!

:D Dude you are so goona die alone...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

Nah man, you wouldn't be a dirtbird! Most relationships start off as friendships! Go for it, she obviously is interested or is a really intimate friend! No harm in chancing your arm! ;)

Don't really remember writing that message.
    Why does that not surprise me?!
    :rolleyes: :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

yeah... ignoring texts will leave you in the dog house for a while, deffo! (remember for future ;)) good luck with whatever comes next :) though perhaps make sure she has cooled off before you make any more advances :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

First of all.If I did not know her.I would have been with her by now.But I do know her
    We were out tonight.Told her to come to disco Iwas in.She went to other disco.I ignored her texts.We happened to get same taxi home.Her friend was like"Give her a hug".I gave them both a hug.Then she was like"Just give [other girl] the hug."
    Christ I wish I was kinda sober instead of being totally drunk.:(
    She is playing you and you are play her. You both are going down two seperate roads
    /adopts nature-programme-commentator voice:

" ... and they circle each other in a mating ritual which is as old as time."

Jeez, Dazzler, you NEVER ignore a woman ...
    ... when she's talking to you
    ... texting you
    ... whatever
    ... unless of course you WANT to crash and burn!

The only time it's safe to ignore a woman is when she's asleep in bed ... in another room ... on the other side of the world ... and there isn't a phone for 50 miles!

Now listen to MAJD, get some kip, and start afresh tomorrow.
    I agree.
    Now you relies this, everybody reading these poster already know you fancy her before now, from your previous posts.
    Fun times in NUIG!
    Not the way you are doing things!!
    see
    Zambia232 wrote:
    :D Dude you are so goona die alone...

Not if you ask her out together to some event or drink (without friends getting in the way). Ask her out!! and let us know!
    Good luck

id say the
    "fun times in NUIG" was sarcasm I had my fun time at nuig and not being a twat but if i liked a girl and i was in -i was in and there was none of this rubbish youre like somethin off Dawsons Creek your daft in the head coming on here and then doing nothing, GO GET SOME or lock this thread, text her back man god youre off the wall?
    "Hugged them both" unless you are up for a threesome which i doubt by the sound of you ignore the other birds housemates whatever - you tryin to keep everyone happy or what ?

Quick one here for you ---- do you like her or like the idea of liking her?

• Advertisement

I like being ackward.I know she likes me now because her roommate told me she was upset in the disco that I did not go.You dont need girls to have fun in NUIG!:D (They are a help.):p

We will see what happens in tequila twister tonight.

......anyways best a luck I can see what you mean, ive been awkward myself in the past its no harm at all

We were out tonight.Told her to come to disco Iwas in.She went to other disco.
    I know she likes me now because her roommate told me she was upset in the disco that I did not go..
    ... and you're sending her mixed messages.
    He is sending everybody mixed signals not just her...:eek:
    We will see what happens in tequila twister tonight.
    Don't forget to tell her which Disco you are going to. :rolleyes:
    I like being ackward..
    I now feel sorry for her..:eek:

I know she likes me now because her roommate told me she was upset in the disco that I did not go.
    ... and she texted you, and you were ratarsed, in a "F*** her" mood and ignored her ... doofus! :D
    limklad wrote:
    He is sending everybody mixed signals not just her...:eek:
    You mean the bit about not needing girls to have fun in NUIG ? :D I'm not sure that was exactly what he meant! (:p @ Dazzler)

Ach, seriously, give him a break, it's very easy to be the hurler on the ditch!

/ sits back and awaits the next episode of "Playboy of the Western World - The Remix"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭GrumPy

This thread better have some good reading when you get home from your night out OP!!!

She likes you, you like her, YOU are messing her around!!! Get stuck in already, but only if your 100000% sure she is into you, otherwise you will ruin a good friendship too!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Jaysus, I might head along and watch the trainwreck in the disco toinight.

You mean the bit about not needing girls to have fun in NUIG ? :D I'm not sure that was exactly what he meant! (:p @ Dazzler)
    This was for Dazzler

Jaysus, I might head along and watch the trainwreck in the disco toinight.
    Give us an update with a nature-programme-commentator commentry:
    The world is waiting...:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭McSween

mate, let me have her number and i'll suss her out for you :D:D

seriously i think the thread should be closed if he doesnt get off with her tonight :)

unless you are like me and enjoy the chase and lose interest when the kill has been achieved?

Drunken twister and a message from her aking me"if I loved her" and I was with her.God love 2 euro tennants and other people bottles of tequila!!:D
    I even hae next girl sorted for if this goes off the rails.

• Advertisement
Advertisement