Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

unlocking uk vodafone k800i

• 22-01-2007 11:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if a Vodafone uk K800i will work in ireland and would it be easily unlocked and de-branded?

p.s sorry for barging in on your thread :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

@BFassassin
    Once you get it unlocked you'll be able to use it in Ireland. As for debranding, you'll need to wait for someone else to advise on that but I'd imagine you can get it done for about 20eur.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

AH ok i was hoping i would be able to do it myself. The reason i ask is that play.com has one for 149.99 pound

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

But where can the k800i be unlocked online or in a shop in dublin.Does anyone know how much it would cost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

BFassassin wrote:
    Does anyone know if a Vodafone uk K800i will work in ireland and would it be easily unlocked and de-branded?

p.s sorry for barging in on your thread :)

Unlocking typically costs €50 to €75, hopefully this cost will fall when more vendors offer unlocking, debranding should cost approx €20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,375 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Have you checked out this site http://www.wotanserver.com/

Haven't used it myself but have heard it mentioned before on other forums (mobile-review.com)

• Advertisement

skearon wrote:
    Unlocking typically costs €50 to €75, hopefully this cost will fall when more vendors offer unlocking, debranding should cost approx €20

I hope it reduces quick.thats a rip off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Can anyone tell me what these phones are like to use? I currently have a Nokia 6680 and am looking to change. How do these compare to the 6680?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,062 ✭✭✭✭event

eolhc wrote:
    Have you checked out this site http://www.wotanserver.com/

Haven't used it myself but have heard it mentioned before on other forums (mobile-review.com)

does anyone know if you can unlock phones using this site?

what is the difference in unlocking and debranding?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

event wrote:
    does anyone know if you can unlock phones using this site?

what is the difference in unlocking and debranding?

Unlocking means you can use any SIM from any network

Debranding replaces network specific firmware with generic firmware, you can debrand a sim locked phone, however it will still only accept SIMs from the network it is locked to

Wotan do not offer sim unlocking for the K800i or any DB2020 based SE phone at the moment.

skearon wrote:
    Wotan do not offer sim unlocking for the K800i or any DB2020 based SE phone at the moment.

Yeah looking at the site again you're right

I wonder is it possible to unlock the k800 yet then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Can anyone tell me what these phones are like to use? I currently have a Nokia 6680 and am looking to change. How do these compare to the 6680?

What are the K800i's like to use in comparison to the Nokia 6680?

I have used many k800i, i think they are amazing phones and they have much better camera and other facilites than nokia's

haven't used the nokia 6680, but the screen on the k800 should be nicer to use it's very clear, it's a fair bit lighter than the nokia. The camera is pretty good compared to other camera phones. Mp3 player on the phone i really like, very easy to make playlists on the phone, with good earphones it sounds great, through the speaker i find it loud enough for what i need. You should be able to find lots of reviews of the phone. The joystick might not be everyones cup of tea, i'm used to it and it fine most of the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭wba88

u can defo unlock them at the mo. i got my code from o2 yesterday. ring vodafone UK (from your mobile on private number) and pretend u live in england (have just moved over-excuse for accent) u are goin back to see some friends for a few days, u are about to buy a k800i but have tried to use ur irish vodafone sim in a friends but its not workin, the friend said it is locked. then ask then if they can unlock it (for free-dont say that) so u can use ur irish sim. ask if they can actually do it if u rang back 2moro?

hope that helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

wba88 wrote:
    (from your mobile on private number)
    i'm fairly sure that the network sees your number whether you're on private or not. a mate told me that he was onto one of the irish networks on his landline which is ex-directory and so private. the agent had to ring him back for something and said to him "your number's xxxxxxx right?". he asked how he knew and the guy said nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭wba88

whenever i ring vodafone they always ask for my number (could just be pretending they dont know it though!)

Advertisement