Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pop up blocker

• 23-01-2007 10:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭

Hi i just need some advice on pop ups.i have a google taskbar with popup blocker but it doesnt seem to be working.I still get all the singles and dating site pop ups.
    How can these be blocked.Hope someone can help
    thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

A combination of Adblock and NoScript seems to do the trick for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

did you ran adware to make sure there is noting running on your pc that might be making the pop-ups

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

mukki wrote:
    did you ran adware to make sure there is noting running on your pc that might be making the pop-ups

Yes i always run that nearly everyday. It always just says 4 problems (the same everytime) and that is abobe reader.Thats not the problem,its something else but i donot know what.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

don't forget spybot and spywareblaster - in case it's an app doing the popuping
    windows defender too

(adblock/noscript work with firefox - you can also use opera - to rule out stuff like activeX which affect IE and apps using it's engine)

Advertisement