Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Layer problem in ImageReady

Options
  • 23-01-2007 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm doing a website template in photoshop. I have a few buttons on the page and rather than input the text setting for each text layer, I copied the text layer from the first button and just relocated and edited the text, much easier. When I move to ImageReady and display "original" all looks fine but.... when I go to optimised view all the text is there but its as if I didn't move it. Its all still layered up where the original text was!!

Any ideas???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Nevermind.

It appears, from the adobe forums that this is a flaw in ImageReady CS2 where if you introduce a file to ImageReady, then back to Photoshop, then back to ImageReady again, optimized view won't update itself from the reintroduced file. It will update layer styles and a few other factors, but not layer position and there's no way round it.

I'm really disappointed with CS2. Anymore than a couple of hundred fonts and Photoshop is unusable, my old PC with PS7 has c. 2500 and works fine. The new browser, Adobe Bridge, is iffy at best and now this with imageready. What a pile of rubbish.:(:(:(

Advertisement