Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB and BitTorrent - throttling ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Im currently getting 90kbps using bittornado on ibb breeze 3mb.. its well short of the 300kbps i used to get but much better than the 15 i was getting on azureus and utorrent. Get it here.. http://www.bittornado.com/download.html

Edit: getting 150kbps now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭wayne040576

deadl0ck wrote:
    Very strange...

I killed KTorrent and ran the tests. (Same results with KTorrent running BTW)

It loks like the ports aren't open....

I upgraded Ubuntu recently - could there be a Firewall running that I'm not aware of now ?

Here's the results and a pic of my port forwarding on the router:

Here's a process list - anybody recognise a firewall here:
    martin@martin-linux:~$ ps -ef

Just came across this post last night.
    I've been getting very similar problems on my setup over the last week or so.
    My ISP is BT and i have one of those Zyxel p-660hw-D routers. I'm also running ubuntu (latest version).

Using Azureus, I constantly get the firewalled\nat problem flag at the bottom of the screen. I have all of the correct ports forwarded and even have some rules set up on the router's firewall to open those ports, but still no result. When I use the shields up scanner on my machine with this set up, all of my other ports are reported to be in stealth mode (packets being dropped) but the ones I have opened\forwarded are reported as closed???

When I turn off the router's firewall comepletely, all of the ports are reported as closed instead of open. I assumed this was an ubuntu problem and downloaded guarddog to allow me to open ports and disable iptables. I even uninstalled iptables but had no luck. I suspected that it was my ISP but seeing that you have a similar setup to me, I'm not so sure now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

B.Rubble wrote:
    Have to say this is driving me nuts.

Ever since the Breeze upgrade to 3 meg I haven't been able to get any individual torrents to run faster than 30k-40k and usually they don't get above 15k. I can get up to 100k with lots of separate torrents running at the same time...but no faster than that.

I've tried changing my client (utorrent, azureus, bittorrent) and firewall with no improvement. Also messed with all my settings but no difference seen.

Has anyone who has seen this problem actually managed to get back to normal?

I'm in the same boat but my surfing speed has also dropped. I'm also dropping packets (12% approx). I've had then out twice to check the signal and they've said there is nothing they can do.

There isnt a doubt in my mind that the service has dropped since being "upgraded". I've asked to be put back to 2mb and see what happens. They didnt seem to want to do it though.

I've ordered DSL from Eircom (3mb) as I just cant stand it any longer.

btw I'm using a Mac with transmission and IBB 3MB breeze.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

What are your connections like now? I am still getting piss poor torrent speeds. I rang up to complain during the week, 'We estimate your call will be connected in 2 minutes' which was a good estimate I was only waiting 19 minutes to speak to someone.

I am paying for Breeze 3mb but I am only getting 2mb speeds so they said they'd come out and upgrade my dish to a new model as my dish can't handle the 3mb upgrade or some other bull. If they knew this why didn't they inform me of it rather than charge me e48.40 for 3mb, when I am only getting 2mb speeds, which is a e36 service.

Advertisement