Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling to town from Dun Laoghaire

Options
  • 23-01-2007 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys, ive recently started in working in the city centre (Quhe dart in bays) I get tut now for the 3rd time in as many weeks ive been delayed due to a problem with a level crossing, Does anyone have an idea of the time it would take to cycle from dun laoghaire to tara street say??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭robfitz

Based on my cycle times from last year.

I was about to cycle from O'Connell Street to Dun Laoghaire Town Hall (12km) in about 30 minutes. I would suggest that 45 minutes would be a more normal time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭ruprect

Depends on fitness. Will you be going slowly? i.e. not working up a sweat.
    I could probably do it in 25mins now but 3 years about it would have been about 70mins.
    I can cycle to work in 18mins, but if taking it easy it is about 40-45mins.

I would suggest timing yourself at the weekend so you will not be late for anything, or else leaving a good hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Done it a thousand times no problem 30 minutes max for me although I'm fortunate enough not to have to weave through the traffic in rush hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

I'd hazard a guess you're cycling at a casual pace so I'd say it would take you 40-55 minutes, depending on how fit you are, the route you take and how attentive you are to traffic lights.
    Hi Guys, ive recently started in working in the city centre (Quhe dart in bays) I get tut now for the 3rd time in as many weeks ive been delayed due to a problem with a level crossing, Does anyone have an idea of the time it would take to cycle from dun laoghaire to tara street say??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

12km can be done in London at rush hour in 25 mins, but a more sane, non-gut-busting bus-weaving run is likely to take closer to 45 mins...

• Advertisement
Advertisement